Thread: New York Times gets an education; Seattle Times wises up - Dave Workman

New York Times gets an education; Seattle Times wises up - Dave Workman

As Dave says, "The NY Times editorial staff, to put it bluntly, has never seen a gun law that it didnít like."

New York Times gets an education; Seattle Times wises up

A small tremor in the world of professional journalism could signal a looming earthquake in philosophy.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seatt...Times-wises-up

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/ydexafu

I'm amazed that teenagers in NYC would view the 2d Amendment as an individual right to be recognized along with the rest. They have obviously not been thoroughly indoctrinated by leftist college professors who believe that they're ever so much smarter than the rest of us.

I read somewhere, I wish I could remember where, that the youngest generations are "more conservative" than the ones that immediately preceded them. Perhaps all the 1960s counter culture "don't trust anyone over 30" stuff is going to begin working against them now that they are "The Man".
    90 million American gun owners killed no one today.

It's good to see even a grudging acknowledgment that it's a fundamental individual right. It used to be that any discussion of "gun rights" could be described as a 1-10 scale of guns rights... "the present" would be seen as 10, with total bans as 1... so any sort of "comprimise" would step closer and closer to no rights at all.

Well... now 10 is "total freedom", the present is probably like 3... looks to me like it's going to have to step our way, especially when traditional antis start recognizing that we do have rights.

Whoever said the youngest are more conservative is mistaken. "Don't trust anyone over 30" still applies... always applies. It's a matter of young people coming of age, looking at the world around them, and seeing problems. Who is to blame for the problems? People over 30... doesn't matter if the elder generation is "conservative" or "liberal"... they've (we've) hosed something up.

Young people see that our country is going bankrupt, that their rights are being trampled, etc... I like to think that they're "progressive"... meaning they'll make progress toward stuff I agree with

I think we are making progress in the gun rights dept. We have so much to overcome though.

This puts the Times a rung or two up the ladder from a couple of people writing in a pair of college newspapers this week about the Starbucks flap. UWeekly, the self-proclaimed “unofficial newspaper of the Ohio State University,” writer Todd Seabrook pontificated, “While I do not see legal gun owners as dangerous at all, the very presence of a gun has potential for harm. I do not want them at my coffee shops.” (Comment: Didn’t know you owned those coffee shops, Todd.)
    And potential for good; much like a pencil, a credit card, or any other object.
    This is what we are up against!
    ----
    Rick
    Repeal the 17th Amendment, letís put America back to the Republic the founding fathers intended!
    A right should restrict the government, not obligate it!

I doubt that "Miles" is a high school student.

I'm deeply skeptical that the New York Times will have it's opinions swayed by having ordinary libertarian talking points posted on it's "what do students think about guns in coffee shops" blog comment section.

You could copy and paste or rewrite his post and put it into the comment section of any times article dealing with guns or some other issue dear to libertarians. People do every day.

My observations are similar to Larry and Halo insofar as this generation of kids.
    They know darn well what the 2A means and also subscribe
    to ensuring we keep our 2A rights and intend to stop the encroachments.

Many more than the gun grabbers realize have not been thoroughly indoctrinated
    by the MSM or the gov. schools.
    Quite the contrary... Just about everyone I've talked to from age 13 - 19
    (with the exception of a few female) say they will fight to keep this country free
    and do all they can to roll back the encroachments we've already seen.

Hell most in that age group use the internet to gain true knowledge,
    recognizing that the school system has failed them about the true history of this country and what it stands for.
    I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks.

I do not want them at my coffee shops.
    That's a coincidence; we don't want them in "our" coffee shops, either.
    I am not a real bullet, nor do I play one on television.

ĒGlobal WarmingĒ ... Do we really need another religion ?