Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Man Arrested For Buying 3 Legal Guns

Question

Not to say that bringing a camera and voice recorder (or some sort of combination thereof) to a meeting like that is not normal, but if the author of that article referred to just above is only half plugged in I'd worry about the guy....

There should have been some other way to deal with this sort of thing, but who knows. What bothers me is the pre-emptive strike that resulted from the guy buying a couple of guns a day or two later....

Oregon used to be a little nuts (discouraging people from moving into the state, for example), but also the kind of place where the recent ex-boss would go with you to the gun store.... Makes you wonder. Probably too close to California....

(Not entirely related, but I knew a young girl who was let go from a waitressing job and brought her mother there for lunch the next day. Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but.... My late father-in-law - just around that time - had given me a new pocket calculator that was very tiny when compared to the usual ones, and one of the other girls there noticed it. "Hey Cathy - come over here and look at the 'baby calculator'." Her response was "How old is it?".... Really sweet little girl but, I've met smarter rocks....)

Regards,
    Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

יזכר לא עד פעם

Questionable on timing, after being suspended for being "disgruntled." But this all smacks of probability, without real cause. The AK-47 would make me wonder and I'm a believer in everyone's rights to bear arms. Oregon has some stiff gun laws, almost as bad as CA. Will be interesting to see how this pans out...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers!

Do you have an update, or just some voodoo powder to reanimate this thread with?
    DON'T PANIC

I'm sorry, should I have left this thread alone?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking

qballrail:

As a new member, I have to assume you're new to these sorts of boards, too....

What we have here is a "Zombie Thread" - something "finished" long ago, but still available - either for research, just reading by newcomers, or (horrors) making a comment.

There's nothing really wrong with jumping in on the bottom of one of these, but it can be jarring for the older guys as we scroll back and find comments posted from the days when flintlocks were new....

Don't worry about it....

And, don't be afraid to comment if you have some new (in your opinion) material to add.

Just because I know everything doesn't mean I won't learn something ....

Regards,
    Stu

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

יזכר לא עד פעם

Point taken

Administrator   
    In a pot of water, 200 degrees and rising slowly....
    qballrail:

Reviving a dead thread without something quite valuable to add isn't banned here, like some places, but is generally frowned upon. It's a little confusing to people who've already read the thread (as they start reading it and eventually get a "this looks familiar..." feeling) and to those who haven't, who typically don't check the date, and think it's a new thread.
    "...there's always somebody else out there that needs to be whacked"... MajGen James Mattis, to Co G, Third Battalion, Twenty-Third Marines, in Al Kut, Iraq, July 2003

What I do.

Or those who see the title, see that they posted in the thread, and then open it up expecting updated info ... like a lawsuit or ruling, or news that someone got canned or resigned in disgrace
    DON'T PANIC