Thread: Virginia shooters, Stonewall Rifle and Pistol 2010 shooting season.

Virginia shooters, Stonewall Rifle and Pistol 2010 shooting season.

After a long hard winter, I'm sure all of us are ready to get out, and do some recreational shooting!

Stonewall Rifle and Pistol club, is a private club located approximately 20 miles west of Staunton, VA on U.S. route 250. The club has been in operation for over 60 years, and the facilities include a 50 yard pistol range, 2 trap fields, and rifle ranges to 400 yards. They also have a nice clubhouse facility. http://www.stonewallrpc.com/

While the club is for members and guests only, they do host a large number of events that are open to the public. You can view the calender here. http://www.stonewallrpc.com/calendar.html All events with an * before them, are open to the public.There are events for pistol, rifle, blackpowder, and shotgun. Mark the ones that look interesting on your calender, and come on out and have a fun time!

For more information, you can find the contact information for the event directors here: http://www.stonewallrpc.com/contact.html Please note, that the number listed for the club, rings inside the clubhouse, so you are better off contacting the director for the type of event you are interested in!

See you at the range!

What is your waiting list to join the club like now? I'm just a bit west of you guys.
    No, holding that venegence upon their enemies was more to be desired than any personal blessings, and reckoning this to be the most glorious of hazards, they joyfully determined to accept the risk... Thus, choosing to die resisting, rather than to live submitting, they fled only from dishonor... Pericles' Funeral Oration

I should have pointed out, that while I am a member, I don't officially represent the club!

Last I heard, there were about 10 people on the waiting list. I was number 9 last year, and got in by the skin of my teeth! If you contact the secretary, he could tell you exactly.

Where are you located? If you are close, you might want to drop by for one of the public events, and meet some of the folks!

I'm in Highland, definitely going to try to drop in on a public shoot. I like IPSC, but the club rules defensive shoots are always fun. I can't hit a moving object with a shotgun to save my life, so until I get a place to practice, the shotgun games are out.
    No, holding that venegence upon their enemies was more to be desired than any personal blessings, and reckoning this to be the most glorious of hazards, they joyfully determined to accept the risk... Thus, choosing to die resisting, rather than to live submitting, they fled only from dishonor... Pericles' Funeral Oration

I'm up in the Winchester area, but some of the public events look like fun. Do you guys need any notification or could my Father in Law and I just show up some time?

No need to pre-register as far as I know. Since you are traveling a fair distance, it might not hurt to call the match director a day or two ahead, just to make sure everything is going on as planned.

I started a thread in the competition shooting forum, about the rimfire silhouette shoot Sunday April, 25 if you are interested in that sort of event.

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=417551