Thread: 2A March on April 19th

2A March on April 19th

I've read the 2nd Amendment Foundations rationale for the April 19th date, and wonder if they are tone deaf. April 19 was the anniversary of the attack on the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco and the destruction of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. We of course know that April 20 is the day that Klebold and Harris attacked Columbine HS and is the birthdate of Adolf Hitler.

Are these organizers so self centered that they failed to realize how this will look to many people who are on the fence on gun ownership? The suggestion that these dates were selected to honor the Battle of Lexington leaves out an awful lot of baggage that we are going to have to carry as defenders of our RKBA.

Next year, I hope the 2A Foundation is more self aware.

But it was the Battle of Lexington date, was it not?

April 19, 1775 in History

Event:
    Revolution begins - Lexington Common, shot "heard round the world".

http://www.brainyhistory.com/days/april_19.html

A date is a date. I think that the date of our country's Revolution is pretty important.

Take care.

Catherine
    Closed Account

Got no problem with the 19th of April. Remember, the Warsaw Ghetto stood off the German army with a handfull of armed Jews. Germans finally brought in canons to level the Ghetto.

The Waco fiasco was a phony gun violation raid and ATF knew it. They had been invited in earlier while doing a compliance visit as the Mag-Bag gun shop.

April 19, 1775

I'm sure the Progressives will find some thing to connect the march with on just about any date.
    When was the first "Tea Party"? Boston Massacre? Surrender at Yorktown? Or the Delaware Crossing surprise attack? Use them all and state why the march is being held on the chosen day loud and clear.

I'm sure on any given day you could find some negative event to tie to something happening on that day.

Dates only have the meaning you give to them.
    Connecticut Citzens Defense League, Inc.
    http://www.ccdl.us - Carry On!

If you look at the April 19th LINK that I put up... many, many things happened on that date.

Catherine
    Closed Account

This is April 19th 2010... Let's let this day have new meaning. Get behind, and support the March.

We have our hands full enough fighting against gun control entities, never mind each other.
    WWW.CCDL.US Connecticut Citizens Defense League

"We The People" not "You The Government"!

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Next year, I hope the 2A Foundation is more self aware.
    I didn't see any alternate dates you would consider more acceptable. Date is fine and if I was able I would be there.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Rob is right. If the goal is to advance the right to keep and bear arms, you must convince the average American that gun owners are reasonable people. To do this, we must go out of our way to avoid any association with extremists like McVeigh and the Davidians, regardless of what you may think about the Waco raid. The fact that the Battle of Lexington and many other events occurred on that date is not what the media will report.
    America has plenty of problems. Don't be a single-issue voter.

Thumbs down

^ ^ ^

WHO cares about what the LYING, anti gun media reports - most of them?! Screw them!

When the lying, ANTI GUN Million Mom Bimbettes and the Hollyweird crowd had their famous march/event in Washington, D.C. many years ago, after the Killer Kids did their murdering in Colorado, - the N>R>A> NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION would not even show up for the PRO GUN SIDE! The SAS = SECOND AMENDMENT SISTERS AND OTHER SMALL AND LARGE PRO GUN GROUPS showed up. The NRA would not even answer the email and telephone calls from many SAS pro gun march PROMOTERS, small and large IMPORTANT people in OTHER pro gun groups.

IT WAS A PEACEFUL AND NICE PRO RKBA MARCH! They had good speakers too.

I could not go but many of my PRO GUN FRIENDS SHOWED UP and I had them on video tape from CSPAN'S event coverage. I sent my recorded Cspan tapes that showed them in the NEWS to them in VA. They shared them with my other pro gun friends. THAT INCLUDED MY GUN FORUM FRIENDS, CLOSE, personal, FRIENDS INCLUDING A SWEET FRIEND IN MARYLAND WHO IS A POLICEMAN. HE IS IN THE SAME COUNTY WHERE MY BROTHER LIVES - HE USED TO BE IN 'VICE'. He was there with his wife. Many of my PRO GUN VIETNAM VETERAN FRIENDS were there too. WW2, Korea, etc. Veterans too. My MD policeman friend is a Nam Vet too - USN - my age.

IF this famous date in OUR American history is to be shunned by a bunch of social engineering, biased, anti gun, anti liberty people - they should choose JULY 4th.

Personally, I do NOT think that the April 19th date should be changed at all. Leave it alone!

Our Founding Fathers weep at what the blazes has happened to their/our Republic and to true freedom!

Now, back to thinking about 'Holy Thursday' and what is REALLY important for now.

Peace,

Catherine
    Support out troops - bring them home!
    Last edited by Catherine; April 1st, 2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Typos!
    Closed Account

"Extremism in defense of freedom is no vise". Wasn't it something like that that Barry Goldwater said back in the 60s?
    One can be sure that any and all propaganda angles will be exploited by the Progressives to advance their cause.

One can be sure that any and all propaganda angles will be exploited by the Progressives to advance their cause.
    So why should we pander to them and let them co-opt one of the most historic days in US History? If we lay down our arms for every possible reason they could concoct that might shed a poor light on our movement, then they have won. I, for one, refuse to submit.

The Gun Rights Examiner laments on this topic.
    Connecticut Citzens Defense League, Inc.
    http://www.ccdl.us - Carry On!

RobNDenver wrote:
    've read the 2nd Amendment Foundations rationale for the April 19th date, and wonder if they are tone deaf. April 19 was the anniversary of the attack on the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco and the destruction of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. We of course know that April 20 is the day that Klebold and Harris attacked Columbine HS and is the birthdate of Adolf Hitler.
    You're going to have to refresh my memory.
    Just when was it that the Second Amendment Foundation became the sponsor of this march on Washington?

Catherine,

++11
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I Concur

So why should we pander to them and let them co-opt one of the most historic days in US History? If we lay down our arms for every possible reason they could concoct that might shed a poor light on our movement, then they have won. I, for one, refuse to submit.

That's what I meant! The antis will find whatever it takes to divert the message we are making. Keeping the focus is our toughest job. I'm not giving up on 4/19/1775 nor am I giving up on 7/4/1776. Nor any other date in our country's history.
    Last edited by P5 Guy; April 6th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Last edited by Catherine; April 5th, 2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Closed Account

Perhaps someone should have posted here before planning an activist march on D.C.

Maybe there would have been a better impact .

^ ^ ^

Huh?

Catherine
    Closed Account

Activism Discussion and Planning

Bruno, Perhaps we ought to stop concerning ourselves with trivia. Is there a big picture--some serious matter--that might be more worthy of our attention.

That is not very High road is it?

220_Swift
    Last edited by 220_Swift; April 22nd, 2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Language

We're a few days past the event and it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in actual "post event" debriefing/discussion of the event so I'm pretty sure this one is done.
    "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on"