Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 572 fieldmaster...Rare???

Remington 572 fieldmaster...Rare???

First things first; I'm new to this forum. So I don't know the ropes yet. I thought instead of just saying HI, I'd throw one out there for you to get it going.

I have a Rem, 572 fieldmaster that I've never run across before. It's a lightweight rifle with a blue (I mean bright '67 corvette blue) anodized receiver and barrel. Aluminum bbl. with a steel liner. A GOLD anodized rear sight(typical Rem. with two screws, seven step) and Gold post front sight.

The Mag tube is nickel plated, as is the action bar. The butt plate looks like shiny aluminum on the sides with black anodizing on the ribbed back end with the Remington at the top, just below the screw hole. Top of receiver is grooved for scope mounts. It's in 99% condition.

Stock appears to be blond with pressed checkering, as does the pump. No serial numbers. Remington Arms Co. Inc..llion, N.Y.
    Made in U.S.A. patent no. 2.576.638
    other pending REMINGTON 22 S., L., & L.R.

On the bbl, left side almost at the reciever is a circle with a vertical line in it. R E 47.. It has a safety on the rear of the trigger guard, and a action disconnect on the left front of trigger guard.

When was it made? Is it RARE??? How much is it worth? I've seen millions of guns at 35 years of gun shows, but never one of these before. I tried to google it, and look it up in the Blue Book on gun values, but no luck.

Thanks for all and any replys. I hope I gave enough info to work with.
    Yeah, Yeah, I know, I'm a blabberfingers.
    Last edited by SS8541; April 2nd, 2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: More info added

You have a Remington Fieldmaster Lightweight. Supposedly the teal blue is the rarest one. I'm not an expert on them, but here's some more info:

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/foru....php?f=5&t=370

And even more:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_would...minum_be_worth

Good luck!

Thanks for the links, I found out Teal Wing Blue is the rarest color. Worth the most too. It's been hiding in a closet since 1960.

"...never one of these before..." Somebody made it that way. Not Remington.

Don't tell Remington, it's on their site...

Variations: 572 SB (smooth bore) 1961 -1979
    572 CWB (crow wing black) 1958 1962
    572 BT (buckskin tan) 1958 1962
    572 TWB (teal wing blue) 1959 1960
    572 150th Anniversary 1966 only

Do you have any pictures of this rifle that you can post? I am really interested in seeing this particular gun.
    NRA Life Member

My elected officials know and are routinely reminded of what I expect of them. Can you say the same?

The rifle was bought new in 1959 and used for about a year. It then was taken on a hunting, fishing trip. While fishing, the owner and his brother, took the rifle apart to clean it. Sitting on the bank of the river with a lap full of parts, a fish was hooked and the brother stood up, dumping the firing pin and 5-6 screws and other parts in the river.

The rifle was put in a rifle case and put in a closet where it sat for 50 years.
    Never doing anything with it, the owner gave it to his son about 10 years ago.

He (the son) gave it to me to put back into shooting condition. I did it and returned it to him last week. I live in Anaheim Ca. He lives in Phoenix-Mesa Az. He, just this weekend, gave it back to his dad. He had a tear in his eye
    when he saw it again.

He said, he has a couple of raccoons that eat the fish out of his stock pond at his small ranch in Calif. Bye Bye raccoons and any stray squirrels. My friend,
    says he is going to visit his dad one more time before he leaves for Calif.

I asked him to take 5-6 pictures of the rifle and E-mail them to me.
    When I get them, I'll post them here for all to see. I told him to tell his dad to take care of it because it's RARE and worth $$$. Gotta wait a week and see what happens.
    Last edited by SS8541; May 13th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

A 572 is a sweet shooting and nice carrying rifle....
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Remington Fieldmaster 572 TWB Teal Wing Blue

I also have a TWB. Mine is a 1958 without Serial Numbers. It's been in my safe for many years, and in my Father's safe before that. It must be about 35-40 years since it's been fired.

Here are some photos for those who've never seen one. I thought it had been ruined by some kid when I first saw it. It was only after searching for it that I found the Teal Wing Blue to be the most sought after color...

Also, from what I've been told, I am able to sell it without going through a Gun Broker since it is 22 Cal, a 1959, and originally came without Serial Numbers. Does that sound correct to anyone???

Anyways, enjoy the photos.

PS: SS8541, I believe your gun was made in Nov. 1958, and in good condition is worth around $600. I've been offered $600 about 10 times now. I am possibly considering it lately... My three daughters have no interest in it at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome

glad to have you aboard, Sport, especially with a nice picture of a fine weapon like that.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Hello supersport 1966...thanks for sharing pictures. Are you interested in selling your teal wing blue gun? I have a strong interest in this model and would be willing to pay more than $600.

Also, from what I've been told, I am able to sell it without going through a Gun Broker since it is 22 Cal, a 1959, and originally came without Serial Numbers. Does that sound correct to anyone???
    According to federal law, you can sell it without going through an FFL (Federal Firearms Licensee) only if you are selling it to a resident of the same state that you live in. It has nothing to do with the caliber, year of manufacture, or lack of a serial number.

Your own state may have some additional restrictions. May I ask what state you live in? As far as I know (and I don't know everything ), only California and Rhode Island require a FFL and a NICS check for the sale of a long gun between two state residents.

If you're selling to someone from out-of-state, it's FFL all the way.

EDIT TO ADD: Not 100% sure of this, but I believe that because this rifle is more than 50 years old, you could sell it interstate to someone who has a "C&R" (Curio and Relic) FFL. This is usually a collector as opposed to an actual gun dealer. Don't take my word for it, though: check the laws yourself.
    Last edited by toivo; January 17th, 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: add

BONES/I have the collection of all 3 of them made. actually the hardest one to find is the black one. It took me 15 years to find it to have all 3 colors. I might be interested in selling the set. i also have 2 of the orange colored ones
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 05SUPERDUTY; January 23rd, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: HERE ARE SOME PICS

Remington Lightweight 22 Rifles

05SUPERDUTY:

Nice. If you're interested in selling one or the entire set, I'm interested in purchasing them. I know a person with a FFL that I've worked with before, so that's not a concern. Please let me know and we can go from there.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Bone; January 21st, 2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spelling error

i also have been looking to buy the set or just the teal wing blue if anyone knows where i should start looking.

I have one

I have one in the teal blue. My Dad bought it for me when I was a kid. It came with a small scope that was already mounted when we saw it in the store.
    I used it to kill squirrels in the early '60's and it hasn't been used since then.
    I'd consider selling it if the price was right.
    Send me an email if you might be interested,
    Shane

Need a 572 TWB

I have a blue 572 that my dad left me in 1963 and was planning on leaving it for my grand son but now I have another grand son and in need of finding another blue one, have been hunting foe some time, please contact if you have a blue one or gold one for sale thanks 864 489 4032

I would give you $1000.00 for this gun if it's legit. I have an interest since I have the buckskin tan and am trying for all three.

My 572 is black, with no checkering on the butt stock and with ribs on the fore arm. The rifle also has no SN. Dad bought it in the early '60s but I don't know if it was bought new or used, I'll ask him this weekend.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I have one in the teal blue. My Dad bought it for me when I was a kid. It came with a small scope that was already mounted when we saw it in the store.
    I used it to kill squirrels in the early '60's and it hasn't been used since then.
    I'd consider selling it if the price was right.
    Send me an email if you might be interested,
    Shane
    Sold Thanks to all who were interested
    BTW, book value is way low!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport1966 View Post
    I also have a TWB. Mine is a 1958 without Serial Numbers. It's been in my safe for many years, and in my Father's safe before that. It must be about 35-40 years since it's been fired.

Here are some photos for those who've never seen one. I thought it had been ruined by some kid when I first saw it. It was only after searching for it that I found the Teal Wing Blue to be the most sought after color...

Anyways, enjoy the photos.

PS: SS8541, I believe your gun was made in Nov. 1958, and in good condition is worth around $600. I've been offered $600 about 10 times now. I am possibly considering it lately... My three daughters have no interest in it at all.
    Is it worth $650 to you?
    o

Old thread, I know...

I enjoyed seeing the collections of 572's. I grew up with that rifle. The basic rifle is still made and they are not rare, but the ones posted by 05SUPERDUTY are most uncommon.

SS851, is that rifle in shooting form or is it still missing parts? Why would your brother take it apart when you were kids? I assume it must of jammed or something.

old 66 model

i still own an old 1966 model 572 pump.
    i bought it new and still shoot it. ive taken enough small game to
    fill a pick up truck. its reliable as a stone and very accurate.
    i never noticed it didnt have a serial numbe untill i read this article.
    sho,nuff it dont have one.
    mine is black, has no checkering and has a ribbed fore peice.
    i use a 4 power scope with it. and at 50 yds it will 2 hole.
    it looks rough but its very well used.
    NO its not for sale. too many fond memory's and i still pop squirels
    with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport1966 View Post
    My three daughters have no interest in it at all.
    OK, I know my two cents' worth is late, but never forget the possibility of grand children.
    Gee, I'd love to see your data!

572 Buckskin Tan

I have access to one in Buckskin Tan. How do I figure out of it's one of the rarer ones, like in the set of 3? Its only designation is Model 572 Fieldmaster and the codes on its barrel designate that it was manufactured in January, 1959.