Thread: OC and/or CC Holster XD-40

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas

OC and/or CC Holster XD-40

Howdy Folks,
    I just became in need of an OC and/or a CC holster for an XD-40 4" Service (joyous post to follow when I get back and have my camera). I'm 5'9 160 lbs and I have a slight belly. If possible, I'd prefer OWB rather than IWB.
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

If you haven't yet found a OC holtser to show off that XD-40, consider this one....

You can see more styles of this holster at www.dragonleatherworks.com

The attached pics are of my personal XD-40 4" Service model in my holster...

And yes, thats genuine Python Skin...not a tiny accent peice either. Its a nice-sized swath of Python...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angry Patriot; August 10th, 2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: additional info

Here's a couple of options?
    DeSantis-I have their Thumb Break Scabbard in black. Don't know if you want a retaining strap or not-if not, I kinda like the looks of High Noon Holsters Slide Guard. The extra leather between the gun and your body might be nice-I have the High Noon Sky High, which has a retaining strap.

If it's not a stocked item, High Noon stuff is going to take about 3 months!
    I bought my last DeSantis at Optics Planet-free shipping over $29.95, and you can Google "Optics Planet Discount Code" for 5% off codes.

EDIT: Darnit-didn't see the date of the original post! I'm assuming he's already got a holster?
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

Blackhawk serpa is a good retention holster, the kydex would look good with your new toy.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

He was in A-stan when he posted this. I expect he has the holster now
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder