Thread: Staunton Shoot N' Greet #1005 (VA)

Staunton Shoot N' Greet #1005 (VA)

On Deck and all hands for the next Staunton "Shoot n' Greet"

Due to the Memorial weekend this one will be held one week earlier than the usual "last Sunday of every other month". Sunday - May 23, 2010 11:30am-3:30pm (Rescheduled earlier due to Memorial Weekend)

For details see the web page

This year has been a rough one for the SSNG. Heavy winter weather caused our first round of cancellations followed by a round of medical issues that took yours-truly out of the picture for a while. Weather was still uncooperative for the last SSNG with dark/cold/rainy conditions (though a few hardy souls made it out). Hopefully we'll do a little better this time around.

I plan to resurrect the "Zombie Challenge" and possibly hold a little "quick n' dirty" target match just for giggles.

Also, I got an email back from the Forestry Service regarding some of our questions about Hite Hollow. I posted the text on the SSNG webpage (see link above).

Hope to see y'all there!
    "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on"

Just one more reminder that the next "Staunton Shoot n' Greet" event is THIS SUNDAY.

Please go to the webpage for details and updates - http://sites.google.com/site/cyansamurai/firearms/ssng

For anyone who didn't make it, a fun time was had by all!

When is the next one?

When is the next Shoot and Greet? Inquiring minds want to know.

The full schedule is on the web page

# #1007 - Sunday - July 25, 2010 11:30am-3:30pm
    # #1009 - Sunday - September 26, 2010 11:30am-3:30pm
    # #1011 - Sunday -November 28, 2010 11:30am-3:30pm

I seriously need to get on the page and update it....been kinda busy

Yes you do....
    "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing will begin in five minutes."
    (Ronald Reagan 11 August 1984)

Damn but we miss these! Someone miss a few shots for me, OK? ;-)
    Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy" NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV
    I don't have NEAR enough ammo!

Hey, I missed the whole last shoot for you, pal! The real reason I wasn't there was that it was just too far of a drive to chance the rain. I'll be there next time.

Mike D.

The Land of Northern Hospitality and Southern Efficiency
    Since I opened the gunstore, my shooting time's been extremely limited and I do miss these.

Sigh...We'll see about the one here in June.
    Move along move along. Nothing to see here.

I don't usually go to these things seeing as how my first and last time trying get there I ended up in downtown staunton and it is absolutely such a long drive, I'm on the opposite side of C-ville, to get there. But I may go if someone can honor a request. Anyone got any Cap and Ball revolvers they'd be willing to let me shoot? I'd prefer the 44 cal with at various powder loads. One cylinder should be enough to justify the trip but more will be obviously and thankfully accepted as well as anyone else willing to lend me a trigger to pull. But for the purpose of this post, I'm simply asking about C&B revolvers.

Or a muzzleloader would be nice to shoot as well but I know I'll get one of those so it's no biggie.

I plan on being there on the 25th and had also planned on bringing my 1851 Navy in .44. (along with one of my more modern .44)
    War is evil, but it is often the lesser evil. -- Eric Arthur Blair

Are there any restrictions on caliber or type of ammo?

Are there any restrictions on caliber or type of ammo?
    No incendiary/tracer/explosive (due to fire issues). Other than that if it's legal to own it's legal to bring and shoot.

I know some places don't allow 50 BMG. I'm not sure if I'll bring mine the range is a bit short to really provide any challenge but more to the point I'm not sure what the concussion would be like under that tin roof.

To all coming to the next shoot. If you own or can borrow a Springfield XD 5" 45 ACP, I would like to run a magazine through it if possible... doesn't have to be 45, any caliber will do. However I would like it to be the 5". I'll provide the ammo and you are more than welcome to shoot anything I bring.
    "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing will begin in five minutes."
    (Ronald Reagan 11 August 1984)

I dunno, I'd like to try to make the 25th. We'll see, schedule has comflicted for every one of these so far. Are we taking the Forest Service dude up on his interest in us helping with volunteer work?
    No, holding that venegence upon their enemies was more to be desired than any personal blessings, and reckoning this to be the most glorious of hazards, they joyfully determined to accept the risk... Thus, choosing to die resisting, rather than to live submitting, they fled only from dishonor... Pericles' Funeral Oration

I'll be wearing my XD-45 Tactical

I posted a new thread for the next SSNG (#1007) so let's continue this discussion over there!