Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start Our Own

The or agreeing with certain people in D.C. that freedom of speech limitations are fine as long as the NRA gets a special pass...
    Was, I believe, a chess move by the NRA.
    A move that killed the bill.
    (Which is what I'm sure they were trying to do)...
    I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks.

How to win

The one thing 15 years of studying this fight has taught me is that firearm owners are on the losing side, yet somehow have not woken up to that fact and bothered to ask why. Nowhere in the world are there less restrictive laws than there were 50 years ago. An undeniable fact that makes the above absolutely true.

I have seen many say join this, do that but not one say lets examine why we fail and fail we have many many times. Others say well so and so are the experts do what they say. How's that plan working so far?

Can one sum up firearm organisations strategy in few words? How's they fight by proxy sending in the lawyers to fight for them and give up when the lawyers lose? Then they indoctrinate members, supporters and firearm owners with "we did the best we could and failed, make the best of this you can and be happy, we can still own guns". They go back to sleep and wait for gun controls next move. It's a generalisation but how close is it?

What is the result of this? Something that also is never examined. A right is not divisible or negotiable. You cannot give away parts, some, bits, this, that or anything and still have or value that right. What is the value of our right to freedom, safety and life? Very little, less than the valve caps on our vehicle tyres. A thief sealing our value caps would be immediately opposed and apprehended. Our rights are stolen from under our noses and we are to busy, don't have time, have to go shopping... don't know what to do and 10,000 other excuses. Why?

A right no matter how small a part that is abandoned without a fight impacts on citizens, removing rights, adding cost or adding difficulty making firearm ownership that of the elitist. Those impacted suffer unjustifiably and without comment or help from the firearm organisations that were supposed to protect their rights and support them in their hour of need. Nobody mistakes such sacrifice of members, supporters and potential supporters. No firearm organisation has a mandate or permission to reduce membership or the pool of potential members.

Anyone who observes this and is not blinded by faith and belief will be disappointed, disillusioned and have no faith they will receive any different treatment when it is their turn. That has been true of every loss step of this fight. When UK passed the handgun ban the British organisations begged parliament for more restrictions rather than a ban. Why? They had made no effort to counter any of the long build up of increasing gun control laws from 1920. Not once did they object and protect what they claimed they held dear and precious.

The question is is this how we treat what we claim to hold dear.

We cheer-lead guns as if gun sales and possession will protect our rights. We discuss tactics for self-defence as if this will protect our rights. We think training will improve or chances but have no training on protecting our rights, none. We think politicians will fight for us but don't know or care why they will or not. We think government will listen but have no idea why or how to make it stick.

We negotiate our rights our forefathers spilt blood to enforce and warned us not to give an inch. Did we listen? Instead we placed a value on guns, a piece of paper and thought the government listens and will protect us, all we have to do is ask nicely. What happen when governments answer is no and it is going to be no if governments wants and the disadvantaged or deprived cannot or will not stand up and be counted, will not object, will not vote, will not lobby their friends, will not speak up, who prefer to remain silent and agree with government.

Once you accept gun control all you can do is discuss how much. Who is discussing how much and who is discussing how to take back what we have given away? Instead we want to be reasonable and responsible and accept the will of the majority who will not object or punish government for trampling their rights. The majority is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Let's see, you, having all the credibility 7 posts earns, want to abandon a 100+ year old, multi-million member organization and replace it with one based on imaginary organizations of which nothing is known because they are highly secretive. What a great idea!
    Oh! you are just tying to discredit with rubbish Get a life, no wonder firearm owners lose.

Can you explain exactly what the number of posts has to do with validity and show all how clever your are and how valid your statements and comments are. Naturally you could have just as easily have shown the error of any statement with VALID evidence. I wonder why you did not, care to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by benjammindeth View Post
    In my opinion, the NRA is too weak-willed to truly defend our rights. The other 2A organizations are too small to have any real impact. US Government is being packed with communards and gun-haters.

I'm starting to think that a pro-2A organization along the lines of Star Trek's Section 31 or Mass Effect's Cerberus are going to be needed soon. Your thoughts?
    The NRA fights by proxy. They send in the lawyers and if they fail or run out of money, the fight is over. The NRA then GIVES UP, ACCEPTS gun control and loss of rights. The NRA then justifies this acceptance of gun control with the propaganda of the collaborator, the defeated and the coward Nothing we can do, it is impossible, accept, comply... and makes it stick with moral blackmail - be reasonable, it is the law, we are law abiding....

In other words the NRA no matter what is claims is willing to sell out or rights. But then the NRA does not claim to be protecting our rights anyway so why does anyone think they are?

http://www.nra.org/Aboutus.aspx

Cheer-leading guns, making money, promoting sport, promoting business, promoting gun safety.
    http://www.nra.org/programs.aspx

Protecting our rights? Offering advice and example on how to do that?

A pro 2A organisation is exchanging our rights for a piece of paper and putting all our effort in to a legal defence. It has caused the loss of VALUE for those rights because they are now divisible and negotiable. VALUE YOUR RIGHTS, PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS and don't waste time with a piece of paper that serves only as a reminder of those rights.

It redirects and distracts from the real task. Protect your IMAGE and protect your RIGHTS.

Quote Originally Posted by runrabbitrun View Post
    The or agreeing with certain people in D.C. that freedom of speech limitations are fine as long as the NRA gets a special pass...
    Was, I believe, a chess move by the NRA.
    A move that killed the bill.
    (Which is what I'm sure they were trying to do)...
    Oh! well I suppose it never occurred to anyone that no law can be introduced that is against the wishes and wants of "the people". Nobody has seen that the only sure way of preventing or removing any law is that it against the wishes of the people.

It is the peoples duty to protect what they want. Who said the people could abdicate this task and still have what they want?

Quote Originally Posted by wristtwister View Post
    JMHO, but the NRA is trying to get actively involved in everything, and is losing sight of the goal. Any time you make a deal with the devil, you're still hooked to the devil, and if the NRA wants to dabble in politics, elections, etc. they need a separate organization for that. The NRA-ILA gives that appearance, but they also in practical terms are nothing more than fund raisers.

If I haven't learned anything else in my life, it's that any time an organization becomes the "key organization" for anything, it's merely a method of channeling the money involved to "the right people". I"m perfectly happy for the NRA to push their marksmanship and shooting programs, but they need to step off the political bus and disassociate themselves from all the political shennagins of Washington and the antis.

I don't really have a plan for them, but it's clear to me that they have their fingers in too many pies, and like the old saying goes "they have forgotten that while they're focused on the alligators the intent of the exercise is to drain the swamp".

WT
    Once you ACCEPT gun control all you can do is argue over how much. Which is exactly what virtually all if not all firearm organisations do. So is it unreasonable that firearm owners follow this self defeatist example of the so-called "experts"?

Now tell me that firearm owners are not accepting gun control and not arguing over how much. That instead of finding ways to increase the gains made, to remove unjustified oppressive laws and restore the rights they have foolishly given away. Fight smart and pick your fights. Above all one has to gain the hearts and minds of your supporters and you cannot do that by selling them out in any way at all.

Firearm organisation do that all the time, abandon firearm owners to oppressive unjustified laws and turn a blind eye to the degradation of their image.

The question is really how does one turn it around if you want to gain your rightful position in society and regain the rights foolishly given away?

legal

i own and carry guns legaly, to protect myself and my family.
    if that becomes illegal then i will become a criminal.
    if that happens then i will join the other millions who do so everyday.