Thread: Sterling 7.62x25

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas

Sterling 7.62x25

Howdy, folks.
    I found this on J&G Sales. 7.62x25mm Sterling "Carbine". I'm interested to see how it might perform, but it's imported by CAI so I'm also leery about it. Has anyone had any experience with them? Would you recomend that I get one or should I just flush 500 bones down the toilet for the same effect?
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

Administrator   
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaryq
    I'm interested to see how it might perform, but it's imported by CAI so I'm also leery about it
    The parts may be imported by CAI, but Wiselite builds them.

Sterlings are submachine guns and can't be sold to us except as parts and "interesting legal variations" such as this (the Sterling is originally chambered in 9mm).
    "Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

Home | Forum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ImgDump |☎ Nalioth

It looks interesting. It might be cool, but think about the application in semi auto, and the .30 M1 Carbine comes to mind. The M1 Carbine works quite well, it has a bit more power than the 7.62 x 25, and it's supported very well in the aftermarket.

But I try to never discourage someone from getting what they want. If you gave me one of the Sterlings, I'd think it was cool.

I'd think it was cool too....if it worked properly. The people making semi-auto's out of open-bolt sub guns have a devil of a time making them run, sometimes.

Wiselite had a LOT of trouble with the PPSH-41's when they first started. A fellow on another forum went round and round with them and I followed the whole ordeal...and lost a lot of respect for the people making the guns with their many attempts to make his work. Some of the things they did were just laughable.

The new ones might be just fine, and I'm not here to bash them, but I'm also leery and just passing it on to a brother THR member. Might not be a bad idea to see some and how they run before plunking down the cash.

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas
    That's kind of what I figured...
    Dear God, please inspire someone to make a 7.62x25mm semi-auto rifle that is inexpensive, come from a reputable dealer will come out of the gate with a sterling reputation. Amen.
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

Dear God, please inspire someone to make a 7.62x25mm semi-auto rifle that is inexpensive, come from a reputable dealer will come out of the gate with a sterling reputation. Amen
    CNC GUn Parts, http://www.cncgunsparts.com/home makes a 7.62x25 AR upper that hits all of the above, except inexpensive, but its not out of line with other pistol or oddball caliber AR uppers. Uses PPSH-43 mags and its pretty easy to cut the notch in them using the mag block as a template. I've got one and its great.

No troubles either with my Wiselite PPSH-41, although the drum it came with works fine, I can't get the others I got from CDNN to feed right. No issues with any of the stick mags.
    Your commitment to Freedom and Liberty is measured by your tolerance for others doing things you disapprove.
    NRA Patron Member since Jan 20, 2009.

I've been eyeballing that Sterling too. I read somewhere that the first ones they built had some feed issues, but were not bad now.
    I've got a MkIII sten that I built into a semiauto with an Indianapolis Ordnance kit. It has some feed issues, but I think they did brand new too. It's fun though and that Sterling looks mighty neat. I think as far as buying a turnkey converted subgun, Wiselite is probably one of the better makers.
    I think any subgun converted into a semiauto is naturally going to be a bit picky. Many of them were basically down and dirty mass produced on the cheap. Those parts are then used again to make these.

Have you seen the Wiselite Sterling pistol at SOG?