Thread: Help me identify this scope

Help me identify this scope

I have a Williams Guide Line Scope that has been mounted on a couple of 22 rifles over the years. It is a 2-6x26 scope with a 1" barrel. I am looking for a scope to mount on an 8mm Mauser (Spanish) Sporter to see how well the rifle shoots. There are no sights on the rifle whatsoever, hence the need to mount a scope. Can anyone tell me if this scope can handle a hi-power rifle or is it designed for 22lr usage.

IIRC, the Williams company made a number of scopes under the Guide Line. Some for rifles, some for revolvers. They were mounted on hard kicking pieces such as the SW Mod 29.

That was the old El Paso Williams, and that company is long defunct, the name and brand is now owned by Meade Optics. But back in the day, Williams made some great scopes. I'd bet that the old scope would do just fine on an 8mm Mauser.

Thanks for the quick reply

Thanks for the info. As I look at it, it sure seems to be more durable than most 22lr scopes. I am replacing it on the 22 with a Bushnell 22lr scope that should do fine for a plinking rifle. Once I have tested the 8mm I can then make a decision on what further I may need to do with that rifle.

PawPaw,

I think you have messed up company names here.

Williams Gun Sight Company is in Michigan where it has been for years.

Weaver was the El Paso scope maker that is now owned by another company.

BobGrand,

Why not dial 800-530-9028 and ask the people that made the scope what it is useable for.

Buckshot