Thread: Swiss K31- Aftermarket stock.

Exclamation Swiss K31- Aftermarket stock.

For two weeks I have been looking online for some aftermarket (synthetic)(tactical) stocks for my Swiss K31, and I’ve found nothing! It’s becoming very frustrating Can someone help please?
    Where can I find a good “finished” stock? I’m no gunsmith , so I can’t be messing around with Semi-finished or Semi-inlet stocks.
    Is there anyone out there with a customized K31, who can post a picture and provide some instructions?

Thank you all

You mean to say that you don't like the "character" that hobnail boots give to rifle stocks?
    Lew Wallace was an optimist.

I want my country back!

Yes. It's in bad condition: like someone dropped it from a car traveling 100 miles/hr!

gun-parts.com
    PROUD TO BE A VETERAN

Your not finding the stock you are looking for for TWO reasons.

1. The K31 is a relatively low production rifle, compared to something like a K98k or even just large ring Mauser. It takes a LOT of sales to pay for an injection molding mold for a synthetic stock or even more money to buy a stock duplicating machine.

2. Most of those drawn to a K31 are not interested in destroying it's collectability by changing out the stock on one.

Most of the parts available for the K31 are not even permanent attach, they are "no gunsmithing", built to clamp on and then release with no marks or damage.

You picked a great rifle for shooting and accuracy but a poor one to play the "tacticool game" with.

Buckshot

Did you find it at the website I gave you or not?
    PROUD TO BE A VETERAN

Water-Man; all they seem to have is a walnut "sporter" stock. It does look pretty good if one weren't concerned about keeping the original look. It comes in "semi-finished" condition, which likely means all you'd need is some sanding and an oil finish. I've been playing with Watco "Danish Oil Finish" and even the raw beginner can't screw it up. It's a deep penetrating, drying oil, and works extremely well. Wipe on, Rub it in, wipe off, let dry, steel wool between coats a week or two apart, and you'll have a very nice finish than can be repaired with just some #0000 steel wool and another light coat.

Swiss rifles were hard used during frequent training by Swiss militia units (who were also encouraged to buy their own ammo for additional practice). The stocks will often show "hob nail" marks from being used to climb obstacle courses. Think of the condition of a K31 stock like the scars in genuine leather: proof of its authenticity, to steal a cliche.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.