Thread: Fire Mission - The Washington Post has another "hit piece"

Fire Mission - The Washington Post has another "hit piece"

The Poll...
    Are gun stores responsible for crime?

Should gun stores be held responsible for crimes committed with weapons that they have sold?

Currently running 46% yes to 53% no with 3,726 votes.

This is just stupidity....let's get in there and push those "NO" numbers up!

(read the related article if you wish, it about made me sick to my stomach).
    "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on"

For the Post, that was unfortunately a very centered article. They actually mentioned straw purchases and how it can be hard to prove that one took place. The rail against nondisclosure of trace data though, was unnecessary, as even the ATF had stated that certain groups were reading into data that wasn't there.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

Gun stores cause crime like flies cause garbage.

Parker

Interesting, Fallis is the same guy that wrote the editorial that if the court found in favor of Heller there would be 'blood on every street corner." It would appear that since he couldn't effect demand he would work on supply.

blood on every street corner

Well, technically there is. It's circulating through the veins and arteries of every pedestrian and motorist.

Parker

That article was painful to read. They just gave one example after another of how someone broke the law in participating in a straw purchase made at a gun store in a high crime area. The article also seemed to spend plenty of time on how the gun store was operating within the law. All those words expended on how this gun store is somehow "bad" while still maintaining they broke no laws. The answer then is simple to me...

Gun stores don't kill people, the government does.

If these stores are following the law and the criminals are still obtaining guns illegally from this store then the government is not doing it's job. There seems to be two possible solutions to this problem, either get new government employees or change the laws that they operate under. It seems these background checks that are run do not stop the crooks from killing people so we need to better enforce the law or, my favorite, get rid of the ineffective background checks.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

"What we've done so far doesn't seem to be working, so obviously we need to do more of it..."

Parker

I am sorry to report to you all that a gunstore in my area recently robbed a bank, and killed a guard. No DNA, but witnesses were later able to positively identify the store (it was apprehended by police as it attempted to flee on foundation)--unless it cuts a deal, this store's going away a long time.

Apparently, gunstores do cause crime. Sigh.

[The vote is frighteningly close.]

Are gun stores responsible for crime?

Keep pounding on it guys! She's commin around...
    Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy" NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV
    I don't have NEAR enough ammo!

The comments are very strongly on the side of the gun shop's.This close vote must be a concerted anti effort.

A lot of good it will do them as the irrelevant Brady's go limping off,stage left.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

News release: A Washington Post poll shows a sizable percentage of respondents believe the sale of guns does contribute to violent crime.

Source- Washington Post- all the news that is news even if we have to make it up!

Washington Post - if it isn't news now, we'll embellish it 'til it is!

Parker

We're getting trounced. The vote is now 51% "Yes" (which is BAD).

You can vote multiple times and I get the feeling that someone is doing so.
    "The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on"

We've moved back ahead, 52.7%

What a nutty poll: vote early, vote often? How do you even introduce the results? "In a recent nonscientific poll that allows each individual gun nut and anti-gun nut to vote as many times as his or her custodian will allow...."

Who knows how to build a bot to do "our" voting for us?

What a nutty poll: vote early, vote often?
    I've heard through the grapevine that Rahm Emanuel is running the anti-gun barrage on this poll.

Just a tune-up for his coming anointment as the Windy City's next Chief Villain.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Is it just me, or have we gotten to the point where these arguments are simply laughable?

So the gun shop nearest a crime cesspool is besieged with criminals? Holy cow, who could have seen this coming? Bad guys being bad...

Larry

Who knows how to build a bot to do "our" voting for us?
    Hi CSM, go to google, punch in keyboard recorder. I suggest automacrorecorder.