Thread: Dating a Replica Arms Revolver

Dating a Replica Arms Revolver

I recently acquired a Replica Arms INC. Marietta Ohio, #5 Texas Patterson-replica 1836 with 9in. barrel. The only markings on the revolver are as follows

1) On right side of the barrel
    "Replica Arms Inc.
    Marietta Ohio
    Made in Italy"
    2) "Italy" is stamped on the Cylinder and on the bottom of the Backstrap.
    3) "43" is stamped on the Barrel, the tip of the Base Pin.

There are no other markings on the revolver. I know Replica Arms INC. moved to Ohio in 1965 and was acquired by Navy Arms in 1973/74.

Any help dating this revolver would be greatly appreciated

When I read the title I thought you were going to tell us about a relationship with a revolver!

There should be a date code somewhere on the frame. Either a Roman Numeral or two letters in a box. Here's the code key:

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee = AKA Man of many Colt's - alter ego of Diabolical Ken,
    SASS 28654-L-TG; Rangemaster, Frontiersman/Pistoleer
    "Cynic: A Blackguard whose faulty visions sees things as they are, not as they should be." Ambrose Bierce

I prefer dating women but , hey what ever floats yer boat
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

thanks Fingers we have gone over the revolver and short of removing the grips there are no other markings.

Thank you for the*informative*posts.

There are no other markings on the revolver. I know Replica Arms INC. moved to Ohio in 1965 and was acquired by Navy Arms in 1973/74.
    Sign up with db2 training dumps for getting Medaille College online testking courses exam and ICMA We also provide best University of Washington and selftestengine with Youtube