Thread: Is this the time?

Is this the time?

This is just a thought... the following flier is not real. It is just an exercise of my First Amendment Right.

But, if it was, would you participate? Eventually, it will happen. But is now the time? Yes there are court cases after court cases pending concerning the 2A... but those can take months even years if ever. Especially here in California. And really, permits, psych evaluations, registration, fees upon fees... isn't that an infringement? In the meantime, people will die. Unable to defend themselves or their loved ones. For me it's pretty simple. Our founders wrote it that way on purpose. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Really for the free people of this country, it's a no brainer. But one person standing up will be eatin by the system. Maybe even a 1000. But what about 10,000? What about 100,000? Those who gathered at the Liberty Tree did so out of defiance of the British. Are we ready to do the same? As I said, the flier is fictitious. But it doesn't have to be.

What is the saying... All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Is now the time? Just wondering. btw, the website is not working... yet.

Please pass it on and see what others may feel. III

Welcome to THR,The Rattler.

A most interesting and thought provoking first post.
    I hope you enjoy your stay.

What is the saying... All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    Usually attributed to the great Englishman, Edmund Burke (1729-1797),BTW.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

I have some comments so bear with me if you can.

First comment is on the name. "Molon Labe" is not a commonly known term. I'd suggest a change in the name or some explanation of the origin of "molon labe" on the flier. Also, "molon labe" has a very aggressive connotation. The words were used in the context of impending war and I'm not sure that is the right connotation to present. Perhaps something like "Second Amendment Day" or if you want to celebrate more than our right to self defense, "Celebrating Our Rights Day".

Second, is on the time. In Iowa December 15th there is a good chance of some very inhospitable weather. It's the start of winter so even if there is not any snow there is a good chance of cold winds, ice, and other unpleasant conditions. Also, it's right in the middle of deer hunting season. If the weather is even close to being tolerable then there is a good chance that those interested in such a gathering would rather be out harvesting venison.

Then there is the matter of the law. Until January the old law concerning the Permit to Carry Weapons still stands. The sheriff will still have discretion on the issuance of permits and showing up at such a gathering has been used to revoke permits in the past. Whether revoking permits for such is actually legal or not is debatable but having a record of a permit being revoked is not going to go well once the law changes and that history can be used against the applicant under the new law. The new law does not permit such discretion and so the threat of losing a permit is much lower. Holding off until later would also allow the newly elected legislators to get a good look at people standing up for their rights while they discuss the agenda for the year.

My third concern is what are people going to do at this event? Is this a political rally? Is this supposed to be a picnic or BBQ? The flier should contain some information on what to expect. This will be a matter for the local organizers as each will be a bit different but there should be a common theme among them so people know what to expect year after year if this is to become a habit.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

After a bit of thought and internet research I realize now why that date was chosen. I'm still concerned on how that date will go over in Iowa. Perhaps another date of historical significance can be found, one with better weather.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

I see my originally second post (first reply) to this thread got deleted. I note that Rattler incorporated some of the changes I suggested.

I don't know why my reply was deleted in the move to this subforum. Moderators, can you give me some feedback on this?

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Just venting. California did not jump on the conservative wave this election. Probably took a few steps back. As such it will be years if ever to get where many of you are in your state. This is my backlash to my golden shackled state. I know that the dem/marxis legislators will not act and I am not sure even an initiative ballot would be successful. I just don't know if a few thousand patriots were to exercise their "civil right" would set a precedence for the good or move the movement back. Imagine 10,000 court cases for so called "illegal carry" to hit the system at once. I am preaching here to the choir I know. btw... I also took a couple of Oleg's pics and did a mock up of a billboard for our state. I think just that would cause a stir. Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rattler
    I also took a couple of Oleg's pics and did a mock up of a billboard for our state. I think just that would cause a stir. Opinion?
    Looks good to me. I'm thinking that signs on all of the major thoroughfares in and out of San Francisco, Sacramento and Los Angeles would be a good start ...

I'll be in California for a couple of weeks later this year, and will get a chance to leave the narrow strip of weirdness against the coastline to go to the more rational part of the state, where you're more likely to encounter tractors than BMWs. We'll do a bit of hunting and remember better days.

I love the billboard; there's one in Boston that could use the competition.

where is that billboard at rattler?California?and were can i get one

Billboard is only in concept right now. Working on the feasibility to use them for the Golden Shackled State.