Thread: What is this Pistol

What is this Pistol

Ive had this old pistol since my grandfather died and I don't know what it exactly is. Can anyone help?

Andrew, welcome to THR. There are lots of minds here with tons of experience and probably can identify your pistol. But.....you do realize that you have given us absolutely no information that could allow an ID? Some description at minimum and preferably a couple pictures would make it possible to help you.

EDIT: Ok, pics! Sorry....you ARE on the Black-Powder forum! I still can't get the pics downloaded from ImageShack so others will have to help. Sorry....

Looks very simialr to my CVA kit I built in the earl '80s.
    The percussion nipple is modern and the marks on the barrel make me think Italian made in the '70s.
    If it isn't rusted out I'd load with 30 gr 3F black powder and a patched .440 roundball abd have fun with it.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

don't know but it looks nice.
    NRA life member, Support Our Troops,
    Pointman Ministries Member
    MMCDC Member

It's hard to say without a picture of what's written on the barrel. Below are links to Kentucky pistols that came in kits in the 70-80's I'm going to sell. Your appears to be the same as these CVA kits with the exception of the wood at the end near the barrel. Your wood is longer then these with n o provision for a nose cap. The kits can be found still between $175-$285 even thought they have been made in a long time.

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...y%20Flintlock/

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...%20Pistol%201/

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...%20Pistol%202/

They are a blast to shoot and very accurate!
    Pat "PJ" Kelly
    7th Regt. Virginny Vol. Inf.
    N-SSA #5795V

WWW.N-SSA.ORG

No idea

Interesting

I have one similar to this in Flint lock manifestation. I use mine on holidays. I overloaded it twice and it fired, swing my arm around the face plate bit into my hand and left blood running. Personally I thought the whole thing was a real kick in the @ss