View Poll Results: The RKBA:Which GOP Contender, If Elected In 2012 Is Best To Advance the Cause

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • barbour,h

1 1.43%
  • bolton,j

4 5.71%
  • bush,j

1 1.43%
  • cristie,c

1 1.43%
  • daniels,m

1 1.43%
  • demint,j

2 2.86%
  • graham,l

0 0%
  • pawlenty,t

0 0%
  • huckabee,m

6 8.57%
  • jindal,b

1 1.43%
  • johnson,g

1 1.43%
  • palin,s

21 30.00%
  • paul,r

24 34.29%
  • pence,m

1 1.43%
  • petraeus,d

0 0%
  • romney,m

1 1.43%
  • santorum,r

0 0%
  • thune,j

2 2.86%
  • gingrich,n

0 0%
  • other,please name

3 4.29%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The RKBA:Which GOP Contender, If Elected In 2012 Is Best To Advance the Cause?

The RKBA:Which GOP Contender, If Elected In 2012 Is Best To Advance the Cause?

A lot of potential here.Of course it's difficult to unseat a sitting President.
    No one who has tried for re-election has been rejected by his own party since Chester Arthur in 1884,TMK.

And since 1900, only Taft (1912),Hoover (1932),Ford (1976),Carter (1980),and Bush 41 (1992) have been rejected in the General Election.
    Of these losers, only Hoover did not confront some 3rd party opposition to drain away votes.So it is a extremely difficult task.

Obama faces many obstacles: 2 wars,the deficit,unemployment,the real estate crisis,the banks,Wall Street,the shrinking middle class,the border,it's endless. But the power is there until its gone.
    Remember, even Carter was favored over Reagan at the outset in 1980.

Here are 20 possibles,the poll max.I hope Moderators allow some leeway in these uncharted GRM waters.I also hope, almost 2 years before election day, people are interested. The future of our gun rights and nation is always at stake.

See Persia,Greece,Rome,Spain,France,England as examples of once great powers ,now in the dustbin of history .Are we next?

A question.Who was the last President since 1865 who stood up and strongly supported our gun rights? So far back it's lost in the mists of time?

Time for another in 2012.And there may be Dems who are worthy.But this poll will concentrate on the opposition. All votes and comments are appreciated.

In Alpha(?) order.Maybe. The poll will take time to load.I type real slow.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

I know two of those people personally. Mitch Daniels has signed lots of progun laws, including life time carry, park carry, workplace & guns

My vote if for Ron Paul, should he choose to run. (Hope he does.) His views on a great deal of things are in line with what I agree with, not just in RKBA but in darn near if not everything.

Sarah Palin is the real deal when it comes to guns. She and her family go into the back country and she carries a 12 guage like her dad taught her. She hunts since, like most Alaskans, they use the meat. Horn hunter she's not.

Of course it's difficult to unseat a sitting President.
    No one who has tried for re-election has been rejected by his own party since Chester Arthur in 1884,TMK.
    If the Dems choose to not run Obama again . Will he sue for racial discrimination?

A question.Who was the last President since 1865 who stood up and strongly supported our gun rights?
    It was JFK wasnt it?

I am scared of any of the generals. We need to get out of the wars we are in now.Palin may be a pro gunner , but , I dont think she can win.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

A question.Who was the last President since 1865 who stood up and strongly supported our gun rights?

It was JFK wasnt it?
    Even the Rs today are further to the left than JFK was in '62-'63.

Sarah Palin is the real deal when it comes to guns. She and her family go into the back country and she carries a 12 guage like her dad taught her. She hunts since, like most Alaskans, they use the meat. Horn hunter she's not.
    are you kidding? She shot up just about everything in Alaska on her show trying to use a gun, then couldnt work the bolt on her rifle. She is a total fake with all that alaska survival crap. She is not president materiel and will do nothing but ensure four more years of Obama.

Gotta vote for favorite son Haley Barbour. I think he might not have the best national image right now. But he is one helluva good politician in the political sense. And he is one of the few on the list I would want to have a beer with.

LJ, have missed seeing you post for awhile. I agree with your view of Sarah. She is in the words of my kids, "famous for being famous"... all sizzle, no steak, not even any grits.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Ron Paul hands down. He has openly called for the abolishment of the ATF. He is also a libertarian, so he would remove just about any restriction on guns, if the had the power to do so.

LJ, have missed seeing you post for awhile. I agree with your view of Sarah. She is in the words of my kids, "famous for being famous"... all sizzle, no steak, not even any grits.
    I havent been around much, this site didnt get nearly enough traffic. i am addicted to my gun forums though, so I still hang around a little. I gotta say, she has the potential to be the worst thing to happen to the GOP ticket.

Ron Paul is not qualified to be President. Sarah Palin isn't smart enough (not that that stopped W. from getting elected and re-elected) ... I kinda like Mike Huckabee, but really ...

Frankly, there are virtually no viable options at this point. Some of you already want to jump on the bandwagon of some of these idiots that've served in Congress for a while and contributed to the sorry mess in which this country finds itself?
    Will

Everything I know about cops, their respect for the citizens of this country and its Constitution, as well as the state of policing in this country ... I learned from the Internet.

ljnowell saved me the trouble of typing this

are you kidding? She shot up just about everything in Alaska on her show trying to use a gun, then couldnt work the bolt on her rifle. She is a total fake with all that alaska survival crap. She is not president materiel and will do nothing but ensure four more years of Obama.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

None, because the GOP is whacked. The Tea Party propelled them to power, but the GOP establishment is working overtime to relegate the Tea Party congressional freshmen to inconsequential positions. The GOP needs to change it's name to ReLOSERcans. After all, screwing up opportunity and losing is what they are good at.
    "There is no lie too grotesque, too stupid, or too base for leftist extremists to retell." -- Standing Wolf

Posted from my Ubuntu machine.

Should the questing really be "what candidate from any party would be the best?"

She is not president materiel
    That's not the question. Many of these choices are not president material, and most of the few that are have zero chance of getting elected.

I watched a clip of the GOP Party Chairman debate, and when asked " How many guns do you own"? Most said NONE!
    http://c-span.org/Events/Steele-Face...10737418556-1/ @ 1:24.40

Pretty scary.

Quote:

that's what her dad thought until he shot the same rifle and discovered he had screwed up the scope himself.

FWIW, she's a lot more presidential material than the clown in the White house today. And McCain? Gimme a break! Like Perot, he handed the election to the Ds.

In the abstract, the answer is clearly Ron Paul. But whether you like him or not, he's not really a viable candidate.

Mike Huckabee impressed me in 2008 when he was asked about the 2nd Amendment and hunting - he is definitely a hunter, and could easily have preached to the rural choir about hunting, heritage and self-sufficiency (all of which I'd have agreed with). Instead

"He has said that whenever he hears people start talking about hunting when referring to the second amendment, he realizes they do not know what they are talking about, because the second amendment was to allow an armed citizenry the opportunity to protect themselves in case a tyrannical government ever came into power."

That's quoted from Wikipedia because I couldn't find the direct quote i was looking for - but this is a direct quote -

"My position on the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is as clear for me as the position held by most journalists toward the 1st Amendment. While I do not consider myself a “gun nut,” I proudly own a variety of firearms and enjoy hunting as well as sports shooting. But even if I were not a hunter or did not enjoy shooting, I would still be a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment right of Americans to own firearms for self-protection and as a matter of principle."
    I'm a skinny, rather geeky, over-educated Englishman living in the small-town MidWest who believes in the 2nd Amendment and the RKBA... my existence messes with people's stereotypes :-)

I agree with BritishHisttorian on both counts. Ron Paul is the logical choice but hasn't a chance and Huckabee makes sense. He's a polished speaker, has a great presence and, as a Southern Baptist, from a main stream religious group.

that's what her dad thought until he shot the same rifle and discovered he had screwed up the scope himself.
    How do you account for her inept gun handling (Waving a loaded, cocked rifle around w/ her finger on the trigger) and the unsafe practice of shooting at an animal that was skylined on a hill?

I believe Sarah Palin's heart (which she can see from her house) is in the right place on RKBA but I doubt very seriously that she has much shooting experience.

And I am convinced that if she's dumb enough to run she will certainly hand the election to Obama
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

None. The operative word in the question is Contender.
    Anyone that's a true contender isn't going near the gun issue. all we'll hear is "I support the 2A".
    The road to the White House is in the center. Guns aren't in the center.

AFS
    'Qui tacet consentit': To remain silent is to consent.

FWIW, she's a lot more presidential material than the clown in the White house today. And McCain? Gimme a break! Like Perot, he handed the election to the Ds.
    How about the fact that she cant work the bolt on a bolt action gun? Duh.

The woman is a liar and fraud, and worst of all an attention addict. She doesnt care a bit about America, just herself and her fame. She is poison to the republican party and if nominated will ensure that Obama gets four more years. She will NEVER be president.

Don't judge her by yourself, ljnowell.

Should the questing really be "what candidate from any party would be the best?"
    Good point,chetth.I addressed that question in the OP:

A question.Who was the last President since 1865 who stood up and strongly supported our gun rights? So far back it's lost in the mists of time?

Time for another in 2012.And there may be Dems who are worthy.But this poll will concentrate on the opposition. All votes and comments are appreciated.
    As we get further down the road to the primaries, when the real contenders are more in focus,perhaps we can have a all inclusive re-do.

Anyone that's a true contender isn't going near the gun issue. all we'll hear is "I support the 2A".
    Perhaps,AFS.But most of these 19 "Contenders'" have voting (and with someone like Bolton,spoken) track records on the 2A.
    There is a fairly broad spectrum that can be researched there from A+ to perhaps C-.

I won't name names at this point! Check the NRA,GOA,SAF,etc. ratings for starters. They'll show a fairly wide spread on these 19 folks past RKBA integrity.

And we do need a winner in 2012 Urgently.So, some compromising may have to be done to get that winner.

The woman is a liar and fraud, and worst of all an attention addict. She doesnt care a bit about America, just herself and her fame. She is poison to the republican party and if nominated will ensure that Obama gets four more years. She will NEVER be president.
    You've made your point.If you continue the anti-Palin diatribe ,the thread will get locked. Lets drop it.Palin is wonderful to some,toxic to others.Lets move on,por favor. I want this thread to die a natural death.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Yes, we do need a strong contender for the 2012 dance. Palin may run and just might get the nomination but most likely would not win the election as too many males feel endangered with the thought of a woman president.

I'd love the thought of Ron Paul or Prof Keyes sitting in the White House but don't think that's realistic either. Both believe too strongly in the Constitution for either the Rs or the Ds. Fred Thomas was asked if he had any political aspirations and he wants nothing to do with DC. Newt might, but he's still carrying too much baggage, partly over his divorce and all - like Edwards. At this point in time, Huckabee looks strong, but who knows.