View Poll Results: The RKBA:Which GOP Contender, If Elected In 2012 Is Best To Advance the Cause

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • barbour,h

1 1.43%
  • bolton,j

4 5.71%
  • bush,j

1 1.43%
  • cristie,c

1 1.43%
  • daniels,m

1 1.43%
  • demint,j

2 2.86%
  • graham,l

0 0%
  • pawlenty,t

0 0%
  • huckabee,m

6 8.57%
  • jindal,b

1 1.43%
  • johnson,g

1 1.43%
  • palin,s

21 30.00%
  • paul,r

24 34.29%
  • pence,m

1 1.43%
  • petraeus,d

0 0%
  • romney,m

1 1.43%
  • santorum,r

0 0%
  • thune,j

2 2.86%
  • gingrich,n

0 0%
  • other,please name

3 4.29%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The RKBA:Which GOP Contender, If Elected In 2012 Is Best To Advance the Cause?

I believe Sarah Palin's heart (which she can see from her house) is in the right place on RKBA but I doubt very seriously that she has much shooting experience.
    On a subsequent episode she stopped on the side of a trail where some guys were shooting skeet, and with a borrowed shotgun busted three in a row. So, she can shoot.

Presidential material? I dunno...

I suspect the republicans will get behind some RINO like Romney so as not to be "controversial".

Quote:
    I believe Sarah Palin's heart (which she can see from her house) is in the right place on RKBA but I doubt very seriously that she has much shooting experience.

On a subsequent episode she stopped on the side of a trail where some guys were shooting skeet, and with a borrowed shotgun busted three in a row. So, she can shoot.
    That's better than I can do with a shotgun. Rifle and handgun, those I can handle. That really tickled me to see her pull that off.

How about the fact that she cant work the bolt on a bolt action gun? Duh.
    As much as I hate to agree with this guy, she strikes me as a tater head. I remember when she was asked the question of where the Vice President lives . She didnt have a clue and that was the office she was running for.

I suspect the republicans will get behind some RINO like Romney so as not to be "controversial".
    I hope not. I dont think America will embrace him b/c of his religious association. My inlaws are LDS's and they are treated as outsiders in the Christian community. I know no one would bet on JFK due to him being Catholic and he still won an election, but , I just think it's too much for mainstream conservatives to swallow.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

Does anybody know which of these possible "candidates" has a carry license and actually carries?

Huckabee has an Arkansas CHL and carries.
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

gonna try and keep this as friendly as i can while talking politics...

sarah palin is an idiot. she doesnt stand a chance of making it into a powerful position like president. though i do believe she would help the 2A movement if she was in office. im a libertarian that is pretty conservative and i wouldnt come remotely close to voting for her. even if somehow she did make it to the election no person even closely related to the democratic party would give her a vote.
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." --Sam Adams
    PAUL-NUGENT 2012
    USAF april 19th 2011-_____

Does anybody know which of these possible "candidates" has a carry license and actually carries?
    Gov Perry, Texas, also has a CHL and carries. Used it to shoot a coyote that went for his dog a few months back.

I dont think America will embrace him b/c of his religious association. ...... I just think it's too much for mainstream conservatives to swallow.
    Nobody gives a damn about Romney's religion, it's his liberal record that is hard to swallow.

Nobody gives a damn about Romney's religion,
    There was a lot of chatter about it down here in the Bible belt KB. Take my mother for instance. She is hardcore Pentecost. She votes for whoever her preacher tells her to and she isnt the only one in the US voting this way unfortunately.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

WOW... I have a lot of homework to do! Better get started now!

WOW... I have a lot of homework to do! Better get started now!
    And to think,Franx,Texas Governor Rick Perry,Rudy Guiliani and a few others could be stuffed in there if we didn't have a 20 choice limit!

In American political history, this is probably the largest contending Presidential field, and one without any real solid "jump out at you" candidate.

For better or worse for the GOP and the country, its wide open.
    I think it's going to be interesting and exciting.

We shall see the hats starting to go into the ring by next month.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

What scares me about Huckabee is I don't think he comes off as a strong, take charge kinda guy. I know, speak softly and carry a big stick or whatever the saying is, but that doesn't win elections.

I voted "other".

The "other" is Herman Cain.

Woody

The "other" is Herman Cain.
    Good man. I'll buy you a pizza for that choice,Woody.
    Herman's bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Like most Northeast Repubs, Romney is a RINO.

Right now I think Romney and Huckabee would be the front runners.

I really like Palin, but like Ted Nugent says, I'm not sure she has the experience yet, although that didn't stop Barry and she is far more qualified than him in terms of executive experience. He was just a legislator.

The problem I have with Palin is electability. I think the Parasite Party fears her so much that many otherwise apathetic voters will be galvanized to vote against her. But, if she remains in the Tea Party's good graces she will also have many voters motivated to vote for her.
    I am not a real bullet, nor do I play one on television.

”Global Warming” ... Do we really need another religion ?

Ron Paul. Gun rights do not exist in a vacuum; they support and are supported by other rights, such as free speech and the 4th amendment. Ron Paul is the most consistent supporter of the entire Bill of Rights. His fund-raising abilities and ability to "motivate his troops" are unmatched.

I would not vote, much less work for, any other candidate.

I'd take Ron Paul any day of the week.

I'd take Huckabee as a runner-up.

Palin, whatever her virtues may be, is in deep with the big government Republicans, the so-called "pragmatists" that didn't do the American people much good when Bush was up to it and it isn't doing us much good right now.

And, as we all know, power is a lust that knows no satisfaction.

I'll give her a pass.

In my opinion, Huckabee is the real-deal.

Ron Paul may just be a dream. A good dream it is, though.
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Uh, Boys . . . ?

Did I miss something?

Has politics been added to the discussion charter?

From force of habit, I'm inclined to simply lock the thread, but I must confess some uncertainty in current policy.

I'm glad to see that the posts are pretty much a civil discussion, so for the time being -- until I can get some clarification -- I'm going to leave it open.

If you suddenly see it close . . . well, that will mean that "clarification" was on the order of "no, we still don't do politics."

I'll be back.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Administrator   
    In a pot of water, 200 degrees and rising slowly....
    I'll defer to Oleg. There's a new direction, but I'm not sure if it extends to strictly political questions in GGD.
    "...there's always somebody else out there that needs to be whacked"... MajGen James Mattis, to Co G, Third Battalion, Twenty-Third Marines, in Al Kut, Iraq, July 2003

What I do.

Administrator   
    I think the topic is reasonable but needs to be in Legal/Political rather than General. Politics, like it or not, are as important to us as 45 vs.9m, maybe more so. Move it to L&P, keep it open as long as it stays civil and informative.
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

So . . .

I take it from this that we will shortly have a forum called "Legal & Political" similar to the former forum by the same name?

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Administrator   
    Sigh...I just spent two hours on the phone with Dick Heller and his lawyer Dane, wasn't thinking straight. "Activism Discussion and Planning" ought to work for this one, since strict "Legal" isn't quite the right venue.
    Oleg Volk
    A Human Right | Blog

I've got this saying:

There is a current wave of freedom being expressed in this great country of ours. We can join that wave in the political arena now or be forced to join it on the battlefield later. B.E. Wood

Woody

Administrator   
    In a pot of water, 200 degrees and rising slowly....
    Done.
    "...there's always somebody else out there that needs to be whacked"... MajGen James Mattis, to Co G, Third Battalion, Twenty-Third Marines, in Al Kut, Iraq, July 2003

What I do.