Thread: Some pics of my new S&W 15-2!

Some pics of my new S&W 15-2!

I picked up this gorgeous S&W 15-2 today and I felt that I just needed to show it off! I got a pretty good deal on it, just a bit over $400 with tax. DA trigger is fantastic and in single action it's simply magnificent! Hopefully I'll take it out to the range within the next day or two and see if it's as good a tack driver as I think it's going to be.

The serial number seems to indicate it was made in 1962!

Last edited by nwilliams; March 10th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Guns are not the problem crazy is the problem Jon Stewart from Oprah interview, Sept 2010.

Nothing to say except that 15-2 is gorgeous!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Ooh-la-la! I love my M 15-3 and I'm sure this will be one of your favorites. I ordered a set of walnut target stocks for mine for a little fatter grip. You might want to try a Tyler T-Grip instead, or maybe the originals will work just fine for your hands.

Nice score...enjoy!
    Best regards,
    Rainbowbob

I bet she shoots pretty, too. The K frame turned out to be a litle light for .357, but it was made for .38.

Congratulations!

It looks to be truly "new" condition and you did well regarding the cost.

I have a -2, -3 and -5. They're all sweet shooters but the older guns are something special! I'm certain you'll enjoy yours!!
    If the sun's up, you still have a pulse and background radiation levels are nominal -- everything else is gravy! ChAir Force Specialty Code 1825K // My oath to "defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" has no DOS. . . .

Man, that is nice!
    Jamie

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

Thumbs up

$400.00+...........how do you guys find such nice models for such nice prices? It has to be luck, perfect timing, location, location, location. Congrats.
    "A federal government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

~ Thomas Jefferson

You just have to love the lines on a Smith, and, when it is wood, and, blue, there's no comparison.
    The only use of a handgun is, to get you from where you are, to where your rifle is.
    AKA Rollis R. Karvellis

Yes, I hope my li'l EDC Ruger SP101 doesn't hear this, but ...
    My old blued Model 19 is, to my eye, about the most aesthetic handgun I've ever seen.
    A couple of times when I was an LEO, that old revolver felt pretty darned good, too!

$400.00+...........how do you guys find such nice models for such nice prices? It has to be luck, perfect timing, location, location, location. Congrats.
    Timing is everything. This gun had just come in and was in the process of being placed into the display case for the first time and I just happened to be standing right there at the time. I stopped the clerk before it even hit the shelf and bought it.
    Guns are not the problem crazy is the problem Jon Stewart from Oprah interview, Sept 2010.

That's purtier than a speckled pup.

Enjoy.
    Old Geezer

Very nice indeed, enjoy shooting her.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

Now that is a damned fine revolver.

I really love the old style grips. I have the same style on my K-22. I much prefer it to the larger target style stocks. After losing some use in my right hand the smaller stocks are even more useful than before.

Enjoy that 15!
    NRA Life Member, October 2009.
    SAF Defender Club Member, January 2011.
    NRA Endowment Member, January 2011.

Very nice !!!

Good content

The quality and quantity of work produced in here is absolute informative. Thanks for sharing. 먹튀검증커뮤니티

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
    сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
    сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://rapidgrowth.ruсайтсайт
    tuchkasсайтсайт