Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fighting dentures?

There is nothing exciting or enjoyable in taking human life.
    True. It's a null feeling for me, of no real consequence, if the circumstances warranted it (say a just war, military target, or self defense).
    Never tried it, never probably will, but I have unusual psychological makeup that probably means I would not feel guilty at all. I consider my own life worthless to me, though would fight fiercely to preserve it. My family and friends would miss me.

If people value their own skins, that's their problem.... IMO, most of the problems of the world are cause by people who care more about their lives and comfort than about doing the right thing.

People live, people die. So? Happens all the time.

That some of them have to be killed because the circumstances necessitate so, why should that upset me?
    What is enjoyable is winning. Outsmarting the enemy. Senseless slaughter, that's not good.

Would feel guilty about innocent bystanders, of course..... and take pains to avoid casualties there, but legitimate targets?

Explosions? Still cool.

Killing is not exciting or fun.
    Killing is not sport.
    Killing is seeing the light in a man's eyes dim; seeing the last shuddering breath; sometimes there is a cry, sometimes silence. There is the "death rattle", the breath leaving the lungs for the last time.
    If done ethically, hunting is ethical, exciting and fun.

Men are animals, the reason most holy books lie about that is, that by separating ourselves from nature, we feel less guilty about abusing it.

You know, cutting down forests, strip mining. (I'm not anti-industry though.. but really, cutting down primeval forest so people could play golf*... that'd made me consider going around spiking trees with steel rods..[/QUOTE]

*my father's boss once almost killed me with a golf ball, it whizzed less than a foot from my head. He never even apologized. (it was a golf course around a public trail)
    To this day, I have a hearty dislike of golf-playing management types.

He was involved in combat at a VERY personal level--including firefights at muzzle-contact distance, and close quarters battle with bare hands and edged weapons. He will NOT talk to me about it in detail.
    It's an intimate affair, hand to hand combat. Do you talk about your love life with him?

Hi Powderman,

No matter how prepared you think you are--you are not.
    You have that very right. I might add, no matter how many times you see it, it doesn't seem to get any better.

You have that very right. I might add, no matter how many times you see it, it doesn't seem to get any better.
    You're doing it wrong.

Just stop using emotions.... and concentrate on the task.

It's an intimate affair, hand to hand combat. Do you talk about your love life with him?
    I was referring to my son. You just lost every bit of respect I may have had for you. My objective was to try to get you to put your thoughts and creative energy into a positive direction. It appears that this is impossible.

Do what you wish with your life. I'm done with you.
    Hiding in plain sight....

Sorry. But why should he talk about it at all, in detail.

I mean, if I ever did something like that, I'd never talk about it to anyone. Most likely becuse I would be uncomfortable admitting I liked it.

He may have other problems, or just cannot face up to the fact that he killed people, even though his religion likely says something else.

Simple as that.

As to you being done with me, I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

I don't tiptoe around emotional stuff, probably because I don't care for it. That is, emotions of people I don't love.

So now I will have to remove my teeth as well as my boots when I go through the air port?

Michael

Not if you had them implanted. You'd just get personal attention and so on.

I like being singled out and given a patdown. Makes me feel special, and them uncomfortable...

@Powderman, everyone.

I'm sorry for the stupid $hit I said in this thread.

If you'd like to, we could delete the messages.

I'd prefer leaving them there, I don't want to erase bad stuff I've done, I need to be mindful of it.

IS there a full moon somewhere tonight??
    Claymore's comment is the best one in this whole thread.

Seriously, I need to think more about stuff I can make money out of. Like wholesale importation of Bolivian marching powder once it's legal... or how to make .the best and cheapest .22LR barrels and mags for 1911's and such.

Fighting dentures?

fighting is dangerous but it is necessary for living in this world.
    Last edited by Bubbles; May 6th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

teeth

I think if you check out the prices for custom made dentures, a gun would be much cheaper.

^
    Yeah, but can you easily clear airport security with them?

Nope.

And I've never heard of TSA asking people to smile widely so they can examine their dentition...

I don't know if it's still common, but a few years ago in science fiction fandom a fair number of people bought vampire-look canines. The good ones were made of the same materials used by dentists, and custom molded to fit over your existing teeth. To remove them you pushed back on the tip, so they wouldn't come off easily.
    One of my roommates had a set in a moderate length, so she could eat and talk without much of an effort. I remember one time she wore them to work on Halloween. Got some interesting looks.
    Anyhoo - a story going around at the time had to do with a fan in Seattle who had gone to a dealer's apartment downtown to have a set fitted. What with one thing and another it was late when she headed out to catch a bus, still wearing her new fangs.
    While waiting at the bus stop, someone came up and threw an arm around her neck, or tried. She reacted by tucking her neck down and biting his arm.
    He screamed, jerked his arm out of her mouth leaving a pair of deep gouges. She flipped around, opened her bloody mouth wide and hissed at him, at which point he beat feet.

True story? No idea. If it did happen I would like to hear how he explained his wound.