Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Daugther's First Rifle

Wow!

Henrys are sold in Northern Italy.

And parts of Europe have a more gun-friendly culture than parts of USA.

Learn something every day.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Luckily, for my budget, my daughter will do anything to avoid being seen as "girly".
    She avoids pink like the plague. So any normal weapon will do.

This photo featured on the CF journal was taken by Oleg several years ago.

you have to take into account that my daughter was 5 when she started shooting, 6 when she got her first rifle and 8 when she got her first handgun. shes currently 9.

im sure in time she will only care about the features of a gun as opposed to the color scheme.

Jerry,
    Perhaps you misunderstood me. I was not criticizing the color choices that your daughter made. Absolutely nothing wrong with pink, if that is what she likes. I was simply stating my daughters' preferences.

It is very commendable of you to start your daughter off with firearms training at such a young age. I just wish there were a lot more responsible parents like you.

Paul,

My current residence is Lost In Middle America.

Before that it was a suburb of Mansfield and before that west of Dayton out in the back side of nowhere.

I don't particularly like the winter as I get older, but I can't stand any more heat than we have here.

Buckshot

Buckshot, I lived in Shawnee Township off Fort Amanda Road from 1987 through 1989.

It was ok then but I have to say I don't think it compares well with other places I have lived.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

well hush my puppies and fiddle my stick yall. im from the little ole' north too. Cleveland Ohio to be exact.

and yes, the winters suck, but down here in the summers suck worse.

Cleveland Cleveland, Jerry, or one of the suburbs? And if really Cleveland, what neighborhood, I've spent a little time in some of them....

and you'll get used to the summers, I have.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

started at W. 46th and Clark, then later moved to "Westpark" in the Lorain and W. 150th area.

Know the Westpark area fairly well.... worked for several years at Ford Brookpark.
    Paul

then im sure you went to the nudey bars nearby afterwords huh? LOL.

oh the times i had....

oh the times i had....
    What a thing to mention in the parent's corner. Then again...it's guys like you that make it mandatory for girls to learn to shoot.

Never ventured in any of them, Jerry. Only occasionally had a beer near the plant, too far to drive home. I got within hailing distance of the house before starting social hour, usually. Just a practical thing.
    Paul

Thats fantastic.

last week i brough my daugther to shoot her rifle..

shoot to the paper was good..

but shoot to the ware bottle was better..

my wife have fun with a type 56-1s..
    don't hate the player, hate the game

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY View Post
    heres mine a few years back (age 6)...shes 9 now and has out grown this gun.

once she mastered the little bolt action she wanted her own handgun, not one of Daddy's but her very own....got this for her last summer.
    I gave my daughter a pink cricket for Christmas when she was 4. I think I've posted pics before but just because this is "parents corner"..I'll brag what a proud Daddy I am!

Notice the trigger control? SO PROUD! That was 4 years ago, she finally fits the rifle now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Actively seeking a used, cosmetically flawed .357 lever rifle. PM me with offers.
    The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.
    Come join the Second Amendment March, and help reclaim your birthrights as an American

She has the biggest smile ever!!