Thread: Attempted Barber Shop Robbery Turns Deadly in Detroit

Attempted Barber Shop Robbery Turns Deadly in Detroit

Two guys walked in to a very busy Gents Barbershop at about 5:30 p.m. Friday on Whittier at Stratman on Detroit's east side. One with a gun said, "You know what time it is."

[...]

When one bad guy said, "Why you stalling? Empty your pockets," [to a customer then] he then fired a shot into the floor of the barber shop. That's when the customer in the chair opened fire and emptied his clip containing multiple rounds.

[...]

The end result was that none of the customers or children were hurt. One bad guy was killed and the other ran off during the shooting.
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110708-wpms
    "There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box".
    - Stephen Decatur Miller (May 8, 1787 – March 8, 1838)

Administrator   
    Sounds like a very righteous shoot.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

There was a time when that was a pretty nice neighborhood. Unfortunately that was about 50-75 years ago.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Everyone in Detriot carries a gun--the strange thing was the good guys were carring legal guns---very unusual

They are still looking for a suspect that is described as a black male with scruffy hair
    Ask a barber for a description...

They say he is six feet tall with a thin build and was wearing a white tee shirt and blue shorts.
    I doubt those shorts were blue after he ran.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

Well, he complied with the BG's request. He emptied his pocket.

As all the wimpies say, "comply with the crook's demands."

See, it works.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Hmm...I see a stunning failure of the Victim Selection Process...a FATAL one, on one count. Too bad it was not two counts.

I have next to NO sympathy for the robbers. Only a tad for thier families for being associated/related to with such a putz.
    A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces.

I've known men that would only get their hair cut under gun point but this is way beyond the pale. I think a moment of silence for the victim is in order. The guy that will have to live the rest of his life knowing he was forced to kill another human being.

Everyone should know you don’t hit a barber shop with only two men; it takes a quartet. If they catch the guy who ran I’m sure he’ll sing.

How base of you to change the tenor of this thread.

Parker

I know, bass...

Yup, preaching to the choir!
    Jamie

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

I know my home town is smaller than Detroit, so the effect may not be the same, BUT two city detectives told me in the 1970s that a successful armed robbery would be followed by armed robberies, same robber or copycats, but a robbery that ended in the robber getting shot would mean a quietus on armed robbery for months.

The guy in the chair may have protected more than just himself and the folks in the barber shop that day.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.