Thread: What Knife For Dirt Farmer?

What Knife For Dirt Farmer?

Selena has noted that Dave is returning from the Sandbox soon.

If I understand her situation, she lives on a farm or at least in a farming area.

So, without wishing to presume too much about Dave's aspirations for the future, it might be reasonable to conjecture that he's a guy who knows how to get his hands dirty around livestock and related stuff.

And so, I was thinkin', there's this old slang term for "dirt farmer" that's been with us a long time: sod buster.

I'm further thinkin' that there's a knife by that name, and one of those in a box might say, "welcome back to the world of tilling the soil."

I'm sure the young lady has her own ideas about how to welcome him back, but an event like that can also have a commemorative talisman to go with it.

For example, there's this:

And then, there's this:

And they come in different sizes and brands:

One could even say they have a certain chemistry:

Of course, if he's really gonna raise livestock, then I guess he'd be more of a Stockman, now, wouldn't he?

In any case, a man should have a remembrance of his return to "civilization" after a tour of standing "on the wall" for us.

Or so I was thinkin' anyway.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

A kukri knife?

Aaah, the Case Sodbuster. I've worn a few of them out, doing such things as cutting binder twine from hay bales. A good stockman is nice too. I've worn a few of those out as well, and I know how to use a spey blade.

Thank you Arfin,

I'll see if I can borrow his "working" knives that my Dad gave him and get a picture of them.

In any case, a man should have a remembrance of his return to "civilization" after a tour of standing "on the wall" for us.
    After two babies I find out I could have given him a knife? Now you tell me! :blush:

For the record, he is now home. In two weeks we will go back to Ft Campbell to serve out the last two months of his service. After that Donna and JR will have to make the adjustment of having their Daddy home every night and I will have to make the adjustment to the idea that everything in the household is no longer completely my problem. My brother claims that after a month of dealing with me he will miss the peace and quiet of a war zone. We all know it won't take a month.

My brother claims that after a month of dealing with me he will miss the peace and quiet of a war zone.
    Tell me, how do I find women like that?

Remembrance

After two babies I find out I could have given him a knife? Now you tell me!
    Knives don't grow up and leave home.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

ah so

Another one would be a Japanese fixed blade gardening knife.
    cf: Lehman's, etc.

Tell me, how do I find women like that?
    Since I'm in an exceptionally good mood I won't give the rather scathing answer I normally would.

That's a damn shame. I love scathing criticism. Makes me think if delivered especially eloquently.

This is a knife that I find very useful. http://www.soonerstateknives.com/cas...collection.htm
    Visit: Early Risers Coffee Shop
    Happy and Safe Shooting !!!