Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break the Boyott

Break the Boyott

Anti Gun Groups plan to boycott Starbucks on Valentines Day. I think I will make it a point to stop in there and buy a cup of Coffee

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420...#storylink=cpy
    CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.WHY STARBUCKS? Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns)
    To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores.
    Hmmm! NOT Sears, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Wells Fargo, US Bank, and hundreds of other large retailers.

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry." Non-Sane Gun Laws
    According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws.

Link Here

Dang! I wonder who Starbucks hires to fill all those millions of bullet holes each day? Could be a job producer, hiring all those "Occupiers" at full time high paying jobs. And the janitor jobs - mopping up blood and packing the bodies out. Brass recovery from those "Assault Weapons" all those people carry - got to be a lot of brass to pick up. Obama should be proud of Starbucks - a major jobs producer!

...there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S.
    Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Along with about every other number on their website.
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

Isn't this a duplicate thread?

@Lanius;
    Sure it's a duplicate of this thread:
    Antis going after Starbucks... again
    ...But this is the thread where it's revealed that Starbucks made a $1000-dollar contribution to AGAC to declare the BUY-cott!
    Cheap advertising - a bargain at twice the price.

I posted this
    Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed multiple people in violation of the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act. Murder is also against the law. What law would you propose to actually enforce laws against murder and the Gun Free School Zone Act?
    Here
    http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/201...s/#comment-441
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

Cho didn't violate the GFSZA - it only covers K-12 schools, not colleges. Murder, on the other hand, is against the law pretty much everywhere.
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

Regarding the planned Starbucks protest by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC).... Here's an idea I've seen passed around on another forum.
    When going to Starbucks to support them on Feb 14, first stop by your local bank branch and swap some of your money (1, 5, 10 or 20 dollar bills) for the more uncommon $2 bills. Spend the 2 dollar bills at the Starbucks and thank them for supporting your Second Amendment rights while paying with those 2 dollar bills. $2 bills=2nd Amendment. It will remind them of the business they received from legal gun owners when they count the register at the end of the shift and see it stuffed with $2 bills.
    Founding Member/President
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

It is my understanding that there is a collegiate high school on VA Tech. If this is incorrect, my apologies.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

@yale - I said this in the other thread. I think it bears repeating.

We want companies to do EXACTLY what Starbucks does about guns. Nothing. Neither for or against. I go to Starbucks for coffee. Sweet delicious, flavored, girly coffee with whipped cream. Being friendly to the staff is just dandy, dragging my activism through the door and dumping it on the counter is rude.
    If you really want to do more than buy coffee, then look up the group that is sending Starbucks to soldiders. Basically you buy some coffee beans during the BUYcott and ship it over to the troops who want it.

What boycott? I've only heard of going in and paying with a 2 dollar bill in support of the 2nd amendment. Coffee is nasty and starbucks is overpriced so I might buy something else.

Just a reminder.Tomorrow is Valentines Day and support Starbucks Day.

My wife and I have gathered 14 people,including our 2 oldest grandchildren,both 18,and will be at Starbucks in Coral Gables near UM.

Try to get to your local outlet if you can.They,IMO,deserve the support.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

JD.......According to some numbers I have, there will be 13k gun rights people attending. Much of them don't ordinarily frequent SB's.

Speaks volumes.

Chris

PS. I'll be there.

I hardly ever do myself,but my wife goes at least once every week,hooked on their java.

Being Cuban, she is quite gung ho gun wise. Every anti gunner to her is a Castro imitator.She and millions of Cubans learned the harsh Commie truth the hard way.

Never again for these people.

It looks good for tomorrow.

In the Peoples Republic of Maryland in the Grand Soviet of Goucher College
    I'll get out my "celebrate diversity" shirt which has all the different weapons on it and bring my NRA cap along too. This is going to be one very fun Valentine's day.
    Resident Liberal

Anyone been to Starbucks yet today? I am going at 5 EST.

I'll be going at 1900. Oddly enough, they stop selling decaf around 1500, so I'll be good and wired when I leave.
    "No one heals himself by wounding another." Saint Ambrose of Milan

"...a contrite and humbled heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." Ps li:19

Bad mojo! I can only drink decafe. My jangled nerves. Hope my location is still dispensing at 1700.

I grabbed a couple of pounds of beans. I got a free cuppa with them. While I was about to pull out an enormous jacked-up pickup with all kinds of hunting logos all over it pulled in next to me. The word is out.
    Everybody spread love

Administrator   
    Man,that's good coffee! We did our part today to support Starbucks, and made sure the employees knew why. They had obviously heard it already and just smiled without real comment.
    The wife had a strawberry shake style thing that she fell in love with, and I had a simple coffee with cream, but oh so good. The price tag makes it an "occaisional" stop.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

Starbucks report via Android. I am at Starbucks on US 1 in South Miami enjoying a large decafe latte with creme.

The Asst. Manager had not heard about the ' protesters' had seen none,and thought the whole idea was ridiculous in Miami where most everyone has a gun..

I told her this was supposedly a Nationwide Starbucks protest. She just laughed again and she'd tell her boss tomorrow.

Our group of 14 dropped a good bit of dinero and they know why. I'm by myself now ,the last soldier.

Starbucks is cool. Hopefully for good.

Heh - had my meeting at Starbucks at 1900 - I was concealed going in, but uncovered as I sat down (this location has no problem with that. Plus, I'm sneaky, and even my friend sitting three feet away had no idea I was armed.)

While my friend and I conducted bid'ness, a very young man strode in openly carrying a Glock. Since open carry is nigh on unheard of here, I presume he was making a statement for the day. Gave him a friendly "howdy" as I left.

"No one heals himself by wounding another." Saint Ambrose of Milan

"...a contrite and humbled heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." Ps li:19

Americano, White

Coeur d'Alene, up North Idaho way.

Late in the day, 20 oz Americano with cream.

No time to discuss it with the bartender lass, she was dashing about.

Paid too much, quality was okay, service was good.

I don't normally go there, but once I told the wife, she insisted. Even waited patiently while I stood in line.

No sixteen-bit bills, used plastic.

Just another drop in the bucket of support.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

I made my Starbucks stop at 15:15, I got a mocha-something-or-other and forked over about a fifth of a hour's pay. The cute barista had heard about both the boycott and the buycott. The hairy not-so-cute one received the news with aplomb.

Made a point of stopping by, got a coffee coffee for me and a mocha for my wife at home. 'Twas as I remembered: maybe pricy, but good and fresh. I think the boycott was a bust: they were busy. I would hope that our extra business caused a bump on the day of a pointless boycott. Legal carriers are not the cause of gun violence.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.