+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minnesota Senate Overwhelming Approves 'Stand Your Ground' Law

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    David Kolb,another born and raised Cheesehead to be proud of!
    Is this a great country or what?!
    He grew up in South Minneapolis which was still in Minnesota and always has been for as long as I can remember. Why are you calling him a Cheesehead? We have enough problems with liberal dummies in Wisconsin without having to be blamed for a liar like Chief Kolb.
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

He grew up in South Minneapolis which was still in Minnesota and always has been for as long as I can remember. Why are you calling him a Cheesehead? We have enough problems with liberal dummies in Wisconsin without having to be blamed for a liar like Chief Kolb
    You are quite right right,Old Grump! I should have grouped him with Jesse Ventura,the Wrestler and Al Franken,the terribly bad Comedian as a homegrown GOPHER!

My sincere apologies to all devoted Cheeseheads,who after the Packer's loss to the hated Giant's, need as much consolation as they can get.

CHIEF DAVID "APPLE TREE" KOLB,GOPHER,NOT CHEESEHEAD!
    SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT FOR OLD GRUMP!!!
    DON'T LET THAT SILLY SMILE FOOL YOU! THIS GUY IS A MAROON!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Now, Old Grump, I hope my temporary brain lapse is forgiven and you are back at peace in your hut in the woods again.

As a lifetime Milwaukee Brave (1953-1965), now sadly (1966-Present) Atlanta Brave fan, and almost lifetime Green Bay Packer fan (1959-Present), I know an almost unpardonable sin has been committed.

I can only hope for your dispensation on grounds of temporarily overdosing on Gouda Cheese insanity!

Of course you are forgiven I was just wondering why with all the troubles we have here in my state you wanted to add to our guilt burden by making Dumbo one of us. It was almost to much to bear to read that after having just come in from getting the mail. I had to use a snorkel to wade through the snow and my dog had to guide me because I couldn't even see the mail box. I needs me some Spring time and some trigger time bad and instead I get Kolb????
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Of course you are forgiven
    Thank you,Old Grump. I needed that absolution.
    Now I can go to the final Open House of the Miami Marlins new Ballpark this afternoon with a clear conscience!

I needs me some Spring time and some trigger time bad and instead I get Kolb????
    Come visit me in Miami Beach,OG. You will forget all about the snow, and Kolb will become the dim bulb memory that he is.

JD.

Tempting but family obligations keep me pinned down in the cold north. If it were up to me I would be in a little adobe hut in the desert somewhere between Las Cruces New Mexico and Santa Cruz Arizona. Folks used to live in Perrine when I was in the service and I still have family scattered between Fayetteville N. Carolina and Hollywood Fla. When I was on leave I used to shoot at the MRPC.

If it were up to me I would be in a little adobe hut in the desert somewhere between Las Cruces New Mexico and Santa Cruz Arizona.
    That sounds good. My wife has family in Sierra Vista and Tucson.One year, after visiting them, (1996) we took the Mexican border roads back all the way from Douglas,AZ to El Paso, probably part of the area you would wish to settle into.

A Ruger GP141 .357 Mag was a very comforting companion on that incredible trip, which after El Paso included the fantastic "River Road" from Presidio to Lajitas,Texas.

I have been in 49 states and only California Route 1 from Carmel to Morro Bay can match that unbelievable stretch.Catch it if you can.

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=XFA128-005

Rio Grande,west of Lajitas.

Does this bill also provide for immunity from civil suit in the event of a "good shoot"?

AFS
    'Qui tacet consentit': To remain silent is to consent.

Does this bill also provide for immunity from civil suit in the event of a "good shoot"?
    Here is the bill as introduced:

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bin/bldbi...l&session=ls87

Subd. 5. Criminal investigation; immunity from prosecution. (a) An individual
    7.24who uses force, including deadly force, according to this section or as otherwise provided
    7.25by law in defense of the individual, the individual's dwelling, or another individual is
    7.26justified in using such force and is immune from any civil liability or criminal prosecution
    7.27for that act.

7.28(b) A law enforcement agency may arrest an individual using force under
    7.29circumstances described in this section only after considering any claims or circumstances
    7.30supporting self-defense or lawful defense of another individual.
    7.31 Subd. 6. Justifiable use of force; burden of proof. In a criminal trial, when there
    7.32is any evidence of justifiable use of force under this section or section 609.06, the state
    7.33has the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant's actions were
    7.34not justifiable

WTF! Dayton vetoed bill!

Minnesota stand your ground bill vetoed by governor.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/col...toes_g_1.shtml

Governor Dayton has vetoed legislation that would have expanded the use of deadly force in Minnesota.
    My "spidey sense" was tingling and I did a Google search on this bill on the chance something happened today. There was a great disturbance in the Force as if a million gun owners moaned in disappointment.

Any bets on a veto override?
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

This is the state that counted and counted and counted and counted till they got the results they wanted and sent a clown to Washington. Doing the right thing by the decent common man won't be high on their list.

The Clown won. Dayton will not be overridden.

Too many lakes. Too many Clowns. Cue Steven Sondheim. What a political rathole. Yet so beautiful. It is very sad.

Nothing wrong with the lakes and my relatives are mostly alright except for the propensity of most of them to vote Democrat. A hangover left over from the depression days and their misplaced fondness for FDR. Truth is they don;t spend much time fretting over politics but if you want to know where to catch northern pike in late September they can show when, where and how. Blame the university of Minnesota, the university of Wisconsin and the university of Michigan for the mess in Midwest politics.

Nothing wrong with the lakes and my relatives are mostly alright except for the propensity of most of them to vote Democrat. A hangover left over from the depression days and their misplaced fondness for FDR.
    I understand. In all of America's 236 year history ,has anyone done more damage than FDR?

Or is that originally serious question just rhetorical?

Thread coming up so this one can get back on track. Look for worst president.

+ Reply to Thread