Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enemies Foriegn and Domestic: FREE!

Promotional Guidelines

I believe you'll find that THR has adopted some new-ish guidelines for promotion of personal work.

The guidelines are still kind of a work in progress, however an example would be that most of the book promos (as I currently understand it) will be confined to the Group Buys sub-forum.

I've been pretty stretched lately, what with starting a new job and such, but I do believe books related to shooting and hunting are still on the menu there.

There may be some uneven management of that, but if I have a specific case I can check into what's going on.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
    Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Congrats on the new job!

Starting in on book #2 now, the "first one is free" marketing strategy works on me, it seems!
    DON'T PANIC

I almost never cry... but that book.

The ending. Too realistic for popular consumption, I imagine if it were filmed, test audiences would cry. A lot.

I don't want to put out spoilers, but the ending was so heavily foreshadowed that it wasn't even a surprise for me. One of the short list of gripes with the book.

Anyone else have to go check to see if they skipped a book on accident when they started book #2? That was quite a leap, I seriously thought I'd accidentally bought book #3 from Kindle when I meant to buy book #2
    DON'T PANIC

The series is a little rough, but well worth reading. He takes on one right wing gripe after another. The 1st is gun control, then illegal immigration and then government spending us into a depression, compounded by all the elements of the first two books.