Thread: Arma Lite AR-17

Arma Lite AR-17

I have a AR-17 that my Dad bought me in the '60's. We were skeet shooting 2-3 times a week back then and he felt it was time for me to move up to a 12 ga.
    The gun worked flawlessly, the only problem we had was the action spring guide (made of nylon) broke. My Dad machined one from aircraft aluminum and it hasn't failed yet.
    Any ideas what it's worth?

My 2011 book says its 750 NIB, 625 EXC, 400 VG, 300 Good, 225 Fair, and 100 Poor and it is flagged as a "sleeper".

Production numbers seem lowish, 2000 over 2 years.

If you can, please post pics. It sounds like an interesting piece.

Pics on the way, I just have to take some recent ones.
    This is a favorite shotgun, I shot 300 to 500 rounds a week about 8 months out of a year for 3 years. When practicing for a tourney, at least double that amount.
    We had quite the reloading setup to keep up with all those rounds used, but I got to spend a lot of time with my Dad.

Here's some photo's

As promised, a few pics of my AR-17
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw an auction report several years ago. They auctioned one with vent rib (auction claimed that only 4 were ever made with VR) in Very Good to Excellent condition, with choke tubes and everything. They estimated that it would go for 800 to 1200 dollars. It sold for $375.
    https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...62&lid=5665421

That's a disappointing price, it seems low for such a fine shotgun. Those that have shot one understand how balanced and easy to shoot it is.
    We paid 156 bucks for mine back in the 60's, I think they are undervalued because so few people know about them.
    I have made a few dollars from know it all's who wouldn't believe that an AR-17 was ever made.
    Last edited by shaneamber; March 27th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.