+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trayvon family's attorney threatens riots if no prosecution announced on Friday

A prosecutor should be all about Justice period.
    A normative assertion on your part -- not a positive observation of the world we live in. Some prosecutors are about justice period, more are in "prosecute if it looks like it could be a winner" mode.

Prosecutors are concerned with maintaining the illusion of justice.
    I can agree with that, Selena.

Why even have trial if justice for the victim and perpetrator is already decided by the prosecutor? Hmmmm....because prosecutors have been wrong? And some have been deliberately false? Nifong, Nifong, Nifong. Howen, Howen, Howen. "Prosecutorial misconduct" is a legitimate charge, and we have had a prosecutor prosecuted locally and recently.
    This is the brake on the prosecutors' enthusiasm, that they go so far as to be censured -- not just with a prosecutorial misconduct charge, but with ethical charges before the bar, and a too-unsavory reputation with the judges they deal with.

Of course there has to be a trial. But just as many defense lawyers believe that any client deserves a vigorous defense, many prosecutors believe that some suspicion on their part warrants a vigorous prosecution.

It's not true of all, but many take a look, and if they think they have a chance, they charge the max for leverage. They think they can always back off later. And it seems to work for many of them, regardless of our opinions of "fairness". (Reminder from Uncle Ernest -- "Fair" is where they have show animals, tractor pulls, and cotton candy.)
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

What has me curious is whether Florida has a statute dealing with inciting riots and ipso facto why the legal system hasn't taken steps to address that terroristic threat.
    Here you are,Selena:
    http://law.onecle.com/florida/crimes/870.01.html

870.01 Affrays and riots.

(1) All persons guilty of an affray shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) All persons guilty of a riot, or of inciting or encouraging a riot, shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

I think cia is spot on. I thinkSelena is spot on with maintaining the illusion of justice by the prosecution. I also think this is going to be a travesty of justice by virtue of the cost to Zimmermann in money and fear for his life.

Another travesty involved is the lack of pursuit of the riot mongering criminal syndicalists.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood

The prosecutor is out to make a case if there is one to be made. And this one ain't stupid. She thinks she has a case.
    That is a pretty succinct account of what is happening, methinks. Remember, whatever the facts of the initial aggression, they occurred before the witnesses arrived. And it is that initial aggression that determines guilt or innocence.

Each side can only paint their own picture of what happened between the two men in that initial contact. The prosecution is starting at an advantage because the MSM have already convicted Zimmerman. Every potential juror is already tainted by that.

A normative assertion on your part -- not a positive observation of the world we live in. Some prosecutors are about justice period, more are in "prosecute if it looks like it could be a winner" mode.

No it was a response to the following.

Prosecutors generally concern themselves with justice for victims. Those they consider not to be victims but perpetrators, they are not so concerned for them.
    I don't deal with Prosecutors regularly, but my observation is that far to many have only a concern with winning or at least doing the politically expedient thing rather than concerning themselves with actual justice.
    Not all problems can be solved by shooting the heck out of them..... Well most can, and if not then high explosives can really be your friend!

If you can't do something smart ........ do something right!

There are only 2 people in this world I trust and you ain't one of'em!

my observation is that far to many have only a concern with winning or at least doing the politically expedient thing rather than concerning themselves with actual justice.
    Then we mostly agree.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

+ Reply to Thread