Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank of America to McMillan - Drop Dead

Bank of America to McMillan - Drop Dead

So B of A will be regretting this move I suspect. They told McMillian they didn't want their business because they are involved in the gun industry. Mcmillian has made a point of spreading this info far and wide.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...lan-drop-dead/
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

Zimmerman has made it cool to hate guns. Again.

And no, I'm not sure if I mean "Zimmerman," the person, or "Zimmerman," the spectacle.

The manager who did that will get fired, I imagine.
    Americans like guns in general, this is a really bad PR move.

B of A is ripping comments off their Facebook page as fast as they are posted. I image that will be a full time job for someone for a while.
    Jahwarrior said: I could've given them my ID, but I am right, and obstinate about being so. so, yes,I could've ended it by just cooperating, but that would have hypocritical, lazy, and cowardly.

.... Shhhh... shouldn't have said anything.

It was supposed to be "under the radar," doncha know.

Anonymous Source, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

With firerams sales booming (sorry, couldn't help it), BoA is cutting loose at least one, probably more, customers who actually make money and pay their bills.

What do they teach in MBA schools these days? Does BoA know something about the future of firearms the rest of the world doesn't?
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

Administrator   
    BofA was a recipient of a "bailout" weren't they? Are they simply representing the viewpoint of their largest stockholder, Dear Leader, Inc.?
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

It's time for the NRA to form a wall of shame for businesses that are not gun friendly. Fifty million gun owners could collapse this rotten bank overnight.

It's time for the NRA to form a wall of shame for businesses that are not gun friendly.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fa...%20lee&st=&ps=
    I am not a real bullet, nor do I play one on television.

”Global Warming” ... Do we really need another religion ?

I don't see a single company on that list.

60% down:

Anti-Gun Corporations/Corporate Heads
    The following listing includes the most prominent national corporations that have lent their corporate support to gun control initiatives or taken position supporting gun control.
    80% down:

Publication and Media Outlets
    The following publications and media outlets have assisted in the attack on Second Amendment rights. The editorial policies of some of the media sources listed portray firearms in a negative manner in an attempt to generate public support for restrictions on firearms ownership. Others have refused some or all of NRA`s advertisements.
    I am not a real bullet, nor do I play one on television.

”Global Warming” ... Do we really need another religion ?

Obviously the NRA's list needs some updating. But it's a good starting point.

There's one firearm manufacturer and two ammo makers in my area. I might call them and see if they've had any similar issues with financial institutions.

Ban gangs, not guns!

I suspect this was a purely economic decision. Bank of America and other banks are not being pressured by the government to divest specific industries or sectors, but the Federal Reserve is putting huge pressure on the largest banks to increase capital and reduce their risk of losses. The only way the largest banks can meet the Federal Reserve's requirements is to carefully assess the risk and profitability of all of the bank's business relationships and cull those clients at the bottom of the list.

I suspect this was a purely economic decision. Bank of America and other banks are not being pressured by the government to divest specific industries or sectors, but the Federal Reserve is putting huge pressure on the largest banks to increase capital and reduce their risk of losses. The only way the largest banks can meet the Federal Reserve's requirements is to carefully assess the risk and profitability of all of the bank's business relationships and cull those clients at the bottom of the list.
    It's possible then that they picked the wrong sector of industry to cull. With the looming election-related ammo and firearm buying frenzy being a good possibility, the gun industry would be the wrong sector to move away from. All through this last economic depression, one of the bright spots in industry has been the gun/ammo industry. Look at the results posted by companies like Ruger, etc.

One of the folks at Townhall.com stated that BoA is the processor of Obama reelection campaign contributions. I'll make a guess that BoA makes more money from this political business than from MacMillan's commercial account.

Our family is very careful NOT to do any business with BoA.
    If the sun's up, you still have a pulse and background radiation levels are nominal -- everything else is gravy! ChAir Force Specialty Code 1825K // My oath to "defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" has no DOS. . . .

When you sell your soul to the devil, you dance the devil's tune.

I wonder if it was a Bank of America branch that demanded to see my uncle's collateral before they would consider a loan even though he had letters of credit? Then had the nerve to complain when he run all 11 head of his collateral into their bank.

when he run all 11 head of his collateral into their bank
    I bet they really cleaned up on that one
    Governments don't live together. People live together.

when he run all 11 head of his collateral into their bank.
    Talk about a bull market!

Ban gangs, not guns!

A true story and very well documented:

My wife and I decided to buy a second home as a rental/investment property. We were interested in bank repos or "short sales" in particular.

After an extended search, we found an acceptable short sale property and offered 17.5K more than the asking price. The financial institution holding the paper came back and said the ACV of the property was actually 3.5k less than the asking price and were we ok with that instead of our offered price. "Yes, we were." One day later the financial institution came back and said the property was worth more than their appraised value, would we be willing to stand by our offered price? Again, "Yes, we would." Two days later the financial institution foreclosed on the property and sold it at auction for $24.5k LESS than our offered price.

The financial institution was Bank of America.
    It's no wonder they required a bailout from the US taxpayers to survive.

Zip
    "Few of the great tragedies of history were created by the village idiot, and many by the village genius." Thomas Sowell
    "Sometimes absurdity is worth it for its own sake." Andrew Breitbart
    "Reality is not optional." Thomas Sowell

My wife and I would not, and do not, use BofA - except for a quandry! We do very occasionally use our BofA credit card - but only because it is sponsored by the Second Amendment Foundation!!! I have emailed them (SAF) to ask why this connection, but no answer so far. Anyone heard of this before?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet
    Even though I appreciate the NRA maintaining this list, I find it of little value without citations. Even if the details couldn't be verified by an independent third party, at least it would give me something to go off of.
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final.

Well, B of A has flat out denied the event took place on their facebook page. Looks like they learned a few tricks from Slick Willy.

Deny, deny, deny

Looks like they learned a few tricks from Slick Willy.
    Yes. It was all about sex.

Zip
    "Few of the great tragedies of history were created by the village idiot, and many by the village genius." Thomas Sowell
    "Sometimes absurdity is worth it for its own sake." Andrew Breitbart
    "Reality is not optional." Thomas Sowell

Wi
    th firerams sales booming (sorry, couldn't help it), BoA is cutting loose at least one, probably more, customers who actually make money and pay their bills.
    I thought they didn't like customers who paid on time.

So they could rake in extra interest with both paws, like Homer Simpson at dinner.
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Skank of amerika bought my mortgage from countrywide a few years ago so I don't have a choice, HOWEVER we are making double payments and have already cost skank of amerika over $30,000 in interest.