Thread: Non-laser boresighters

Non-laser boresighters

How does a boresighter work if it's not based around a laser? I see this sort of product all the time but I really have no idea even what principle it works on. They're pretty inexpensive (at Cheaper than Dirt, anyway!) but I can't get a sense of whether or not they are worth it.

There is a rod that goes in the barrel and a telescope sits on the rod. By looking through the rifle scope through the telescope it places the reticle of the scope onto the target where the bore is pointing. You the adjust, as you would a laser.

My understanding is that this system does not work for guns with high scopes such as AR's.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf

Used to be called a collimator. I don't think it works as well as a laser, but it was a reasonably cheap way to get on paper without a box of ammo.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

My understanding is that this system does not work for guns with high scopes such as AR's.
    They do not.
    My local gun shop has a Bushnell? that would not work with my AR's.
    I ended up buying a LaserLyte to get 'em all on paper @ 100 yards. I have a couple of objects measured @ 100 yards from my bedroom window, and 'bout 2am (don't want to freak out the neighbors) I sight 'em all in. When I got to the range, first shots @ 100 yards were on paper, but 'bout 3 inches and 2 inches off (windage and elevation).
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

My Leopold gets me on the paper quickly.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/675...int-bore-sight
    Lew Wallace was an optimist.

I want my country back!

Never even got close with the one I had................Laser model was at least close to the mark!