Thread: Woman attacked in a wal mart parking lot-dumb reporter says she did everything right

Thumbs down Woman attacked in a wal mart parking lot-dumb reporter says she did everything right

FROM THE VIDEO OF THE STORY: "She did everything right." {next breath} ...But don't go after your attacker." Um, so she DIDN'T "do everything right."

LESSONS:

1. WATCH YOUR SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This means look behind you).

2. Despite the fact that this turned out good, the guy's actions were still highly bizarre and contradictory which suggests that he is on psychotropic medication.

3. DON'T attack an attacker, especially one who has a knife. Good gosh. I can't believe the reporter actually said they "did everything right." Wow, no they didn't.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=20248379

Nevermind.

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    Not fighting back is what gets most people robbed, raped, injured or dead. She did the exact right thing by resisting. Bad guys like compliant victims not people who make a fuss and fight back.
    1934 – National Firearms Act, 1968 – The Gun Control Act, 1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 – Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 – Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Don't depend on a reporter to get anything right. Another news item on the same site as the Wal-Mart story has this to say about acid:

SALT LAKE CITY — A poorly connected hose resulted in between 500 and 1000 gallons of sulfuric acid being spilled at a chemical distribution company Friday afternoon.

The extremely caustic substance was being transferred off of a rail car near....

Emphasis mine.
    No people should have to fear the will of their government; all governments should have to fear the will of their people.

Seems she did the right thing after the attack began, though she failed big time in situational awareness. Being armed would not have helped her much, initially anyway.

I have to ask where the other woman was... and why she didn't help. An elbow in the solar plexus from the first woman and a kick in the crotch from the other might have given this young thug something meaningful to think about.

As for it being a "joke?" Lots of luck with that funny story.
    I own my life and my body. I'm the only one who is responsible for that life and my safety. That's why I carry a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayInTx View Post
    Don't depend on a reporter to get anything right. Another news item on the same site as the Wal-Mart story has this to say about acid:
    SALT LAKE CITY — A poorly connected hose resulted in between 500 and 1000 gallons of sulfuric acid being spilled at a chemical distribution company Friday afternoon.
    The extremely caustic substance was being transferred off of a rail car near....
    Emphasis mine.
    Sulfuric acid *is* caustic. (it doesn't have to be a strong base, it just has to destroy tissue)
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" —Kenny Rogers

zscvbob, I suppose you're right. It's just that we always referred to acids as acids and corrosive bases as caustics.

Gimme a demerit.
    No people should have to fear the will of their government; all governments should have to fear the will of their people.

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that the threat had waned and THEN she attacked the attacker who she KNEW had a weapon (see the video). She's stupid for going on the offensive without a weapon, against someone WITH a weapon, and stupid for not watching her surroundings in a wal mart parking lot. BTW, lol @ the caustic v acid debate
    Last edited by CIA_ran_9/11; May 5th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    He was still armed, he was still a threat and after his approach he deserved a 2x4 up along side his bony empty head.
    1934 – National Firearms Act, 1968 – The Gun Control Act, 1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 – Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 – Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

After being exposed to the media, and their unbelievable distortion

of reality, something tells me the last person I would trust as to

how to "do things right" is a reporter or journalist...