Thread: CZ 452 Scout: Yea or Nay?

CZ 452 Scout: Yea or Nay?

The best friend, his son-in-law, and I are shopping for a kids' rifle for the honorary grandnephews. Because it uses a single shot adapter that can be replaced with a magazine, and because it cocks on the bolt lift, the CZ 452 Scout tops the list. My only real concern is that the 12" length of pull, an inch greater than the Crickett, Chipmunk, Rascal, et al, may require shortening.

Does anyone have the Scout or shoot with small kids shooting a Scout who can provide an experienced point of view?
    Gee, I'd love to see your data!

I have a scout, I love it. Nothing better for teaching the basics

Magazines are a little pricey though
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

I like CZs. I was going to get the CZ Scout, but the son in question is a lefty. So, he (we) ended up with a Savage Mark II GLY, which may have a longer LOP. It's been great.

How old are the kids? A single-shot first is not a bad idea for the very young (or short). I started my kids with a (used) Chipmunk, but my boys went on to bolt-action and SA (Ruger 10/22) pretty soon. I could get rid of the Chipmunk now in theory, but the 10/22 boy likes it for shooting .22 Shorts and such, which the 10/22 won't digest.

Administrator   
    My son loves his 452 Scout. Pictures of firing when 10,

And 11, BTW, he's a lefty, too.

Yes, he wanted that red dot. He also wanted, and got for Christmas, the 10 round magazine. He still has the single shot adapter, but it stays in his range bag.

The rifle itself is very well made and very nice, accurate little bugger.

If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

Yes, he wanted that red dot.
    My 10/22 son temporarily had custody of a very pricey red-dot, which I recently reclaimed. He's moved on to a 2-7x, at a typical Chinese price.

Hey: I can't control whether he'll ever be a competitor, or a hunter. But I can control whether he has fun shooting now. And that may influence whether he stays a shooter the rest of his life.

I stopped at Doc Holliday's Guns in Grant's Pass to check prices and availability only to find a Scout on the shelf. My initial thought was to let Dad and Granddad know they could lays hands and eyes on one of the candidates but the conversation with Granddad and the folks in DHG resulted in the rifle coming home with me. I get to sight it in next weekend on the home range, the first opportunity with the kids is at least two weeks away. Range reports to follow.

Thanks folks!

Administrator   
    Welcome to the addiction.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

The kids have the CZ Scout and are thrilled. We adults are a bit less so. As supplied, the rifle shoots several inches high at 100 ft. with the rear sight bottomed out. The expectation is that CZ will supply a free replacement for the front sight to correct the problem. As can be seen in the photo, the 12" length of pull is excessive. Even the oldest, largest boy has to compromise his hold. A few inches will be trimmed from the butt and a thin plastic butt plate installed. As the boys grow, successively thicker recoil pads will be installed. The thin plate and pads will be kept as a set of adapters for future generations.

Except for the difficulty zeroing the sights, the rifle is a beauty. Fit, finish, and function are great. (The single shot adapter, with Dad's approval, was quickly set aside. More magazines are definitely in order, but at $26 each they may be take some time.)

I'm more of a strategy game fan (curiously enough, no one objects to strategy game where with a click of a mouse you order your battleship fleet to totally nuke a planet and kill billions)... didn't usually do that though, using mind control technologies or just occupying it was more productive. nd I are shopping for a kids' rifle
    You can easily check out our best quality 640-864 brain dump prepare for the real HP2-E58 You can also get success in real exam of holycross with