Thread: Ditto the Marlin XT22YR: Yea or Nay?

Ditto the Marlin XT22YR: Yea or Nay?

So the search skills finally ID'd the Marlin XT22YR as another kid sized .22 bolt action with a single shot adapter and magazine option to compete with the CZ 452 Scout.

Pros for the Marlin are blued or stainless, lower price, much lower priced magazines, and a receiver grooved for scope mounting. There, but of little concern (Granny was Czech ,) is US origin.

I suspect, but am only guessing, the fit and finish of the CZ is superior, accuracy is probably close, a matter of individual guns.

Does anyone have working experience with the Marlin, especially with kids?
    Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Ahh, the power of impulse buying!

I stopped by Doc Holliday's Guns in Grant's Pass to check prices and availability and there on the shelf was a CZ Scout...at $10 under the Walmart quote. It is now in the back of the car.

Good for you... and for him, too.
    "AngleBlue"

angelblue63 and Arabelle55

Welcome to the site.

Chuck Dye

Since you answered your own question but I was only going to add that Marlin/Remington .22 guns are made in Remingtons Mayfield KY plant. I'm get my grandson a Cricket couple of years ago and now in need of getting the twin granddaughters their first rifles

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

Looks like Arabelle55 spotted her/his error and completed the spam.

Combat Diver, the CZ Scout has been great. It now wears a Leupold Rimfire VX-1 2-7x28. I would like a shorter length of pull for the smaller boys, but my offers to fund the shortening have been declined. The main problem now is feeding it: a family trip with three of the grandsons, three adults, and two teens, to our BLM casual range blew through 1800+ rounds, in about three hours, that have been tough to replace affordably.

The kids I bought the CZ for really approve of the cock-on-bolt-lift of the rifle and, with adult approval, have all set aside the single shot adapter for the magazines.