Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: convention fobia

  1. #1
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    05-26-12
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    138

    convention fobia

    i am thinking of going to the demo convention in charlotte.
    no, not to see the king but to see the subjects.
    but im afraid. i know i cant be armed. i want to take photo's.
    all the protester groups are going to be there.
    and the gustopho will be in rair form.
    the local t.v. news shows have been hyping the gustopho pesence.
    wall street south will be a real scary place in september.
    its scary anytime of year.
    any sugestions?.. would you go?

  2. #2
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    12-22-04
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,063
    I worked in Charlotte for about 20 years and live nearby; it is not too scary a place. The convention will be a PITA, much like the big NASCAR races are in my neighborhood.

    Go if you wish, but good luck finding a hotel or motel room within 50 miles - and that would probably be a Motel 6 room for a couple of hundred per night.

  3. #3
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    10-31-08
    Location
    Miami Beach,Florida
    Posts
    12,836
    It's up to you. But I would not walk across the street to see that circus.

    Charlotte is not too bad. But it's not Greensboro!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

    'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

  4. #4
    Member  
    Join Date
    08-23-07
    Posts
    7,959
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyfat View Post
    i am thinking of going to the demo convention in charlotte.
    no, not to see the king but to see the subjects.
    but im afraid. i know i cant be armed. i want to take photo's.
    all the protester groups are going to be there.
    and the gustopho will be in rair form.
    the local t.v. news shows have been hyping the gustopho pesence.
    wall street south will be a real scary place in september.
    its scary anytime of year.
    any sugestions?.. would you go?

    Why would I go to Charlotte to hear Democrat bluster when I live just 60 miles from Chicago where the convention is decided anyway?

  5. #5
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    08-25-05
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,376
    Why couldn't you be armed?
    Lets give Tennessee the best gun laws in the country!
    http://www.tfaonline.org/index.php
    http://www.tfaonline.org/forum
    NRA - Benefactor, TFA - Life, GOA - Life

  6. #6
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    10-31-08
    Location
    Miami Beach,Florida
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeKid View Post
    Why couldn't you be armed?
    The Convention Center may be posted. Signs have the force of law in North Carolina as we see from this Statute:

    On any private premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises. 14-415.11(c)

    http://handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

    'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

  7. #7
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    05-27-06
    Location
    was COlorado, now COmmirado
    Posts
    7,778
    I stay away from crowds.

    Especially crowds of "believers" of any kind.

    Just stay home and watch the news reports.

    Selena, that was too close to the truth to be funny, but I laughed anyhow.

    Terry, 230RN

  8. #8
    Member  
    Join Date
    08-23-07
    Posts
    7,959
    Quote Originally Posted by 230RN View Post

    Selena, that was too close to the truth to be funny, but I laughed anyhow.

    Terry, 230RN
    I forgot the red font again didn't I.

    Fact remains no matter where the Dems hold their convention, Chicago will have their hands at the neck of the delegation. Once again, please pray for Indiana. We are so far from heaven and far too close to Chicago.
    Last edited by Selena; August 15th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    03-12-03
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917
    Maybe use a spell check.

    And watch the fun on tv.
    Do not demand accomplishment from those with NO talent

  10. #10
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    05-26-12
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    138

    sho nuff posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    The Convention Center may be posted. Signs have the force of law in North Carolina as we see from this Statute:

    On any private premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises. 14-415.11(c)

    http://handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf
    not only posted but, there will be check points, 34 streets blocked off, no parking anywhere on those streets. i just thought i would go to the zoo and take pictures of the animals.

  11. #11
    Senior Member  
    Join Date
    10-31-08
    Location
    Miami Beach,Florida
    Posts
    12,836
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyfat View Post
    not only posted but, there will be check points, 34 streets blocked off, no parking anywhere on those streets. i just thought i would go to the zoo and take pictures of the animals.
    Contrast this with the GOP Convention in Tampa. And yes,no difference between the Zoo and the Convention. The animals in the Zoo may have a higher IQ.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

    'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

  12. #12
    New Member  
    Join Date
    11-20-20
    Posts
    1

    Essay

    I wanted to know more about convention fobia, and then I found this forum which provided me with reliable information. After also reading essay writing website reviews I think I will write an essay on it.

  13. #13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •