Thread: Outed gun owners means outed non gun owners

Outed gun owners means outed non gun owners

Thanks to the media, criminals now know who to rob:

http://lewrockwell.com/slavo/slavo130.html

Or.....where the best chances of getting killed robbing houses lay?
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

What about people who got gun licenses (and relocated) in response to death threats, for example witnesses against criminals or battered spouses? The fact this "outs" people like that makes it doubly bad.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...per-85520.html
    Katie Glueck, "Blog turns tables on gun map paper", Politico, 27 Dec 2012.

Christopher Fountain appeared on CNN’s “Early Start” with his take on the Journal News publishing names and address of gun license holders in Westchester and Rockland counties, New York. He published on line similar "public information" about the newspaper staff, names, addresses. He said: "I’ve received e-mails from abused women who were under protective order and in hiding and they’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map."
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

And the latest "gun control" hypocrisy: http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2013/01...and-dangerous/

boycott

i read on yahoo that there is an adverizing boycott that has been started. we did that in n.c. and it worked.
    thumbs up to the new yawkas
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Just for fun mental exercise

Let us compare and contrast any small Texas town with the NY map. How many homes do NOT have a gun or couple of dozen?

"Outing" our gun owners would over load Google's servers.

I remenber discussing something like this with a hunting partner some 20 years ago. It was a small town and he was a native. We figured 75% of the houses had a gun and someone who knew how to use it... which was why he had very quiet nights, as the midnight shift patrolman.
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Well, a county with high gun ownership and no crime?

That reminds me of a critic of John Lott ("More Guns, Less Crime") who dropped all counties with no homicides and all counties less than 100,000 population from a study intended to prove "more guns, more crime": in that study West Virginia was represented by one county (over 100,000 pop with reported homicides). Lott's study included all counties.

A county with high gun ownership and no crime? That won't show up on some folks' radar at all.

"Releasing names of gun permit holders endangers public, New York county clerk says", Associated Press, 3 Jan 2013.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ty-clerk-says/

"This certainly puts my public in danger," Putnam County Clerk Dennis Sant said Thursday following a news conference in which he was backed by the county executive and other elected officials.
    The Journal News who published other county pistol permit info requested the same information from Putnam County, and the county clerk just said no way, he refused to release public information that could endanger members of the public. Public release could endanger:
    o Judges or police officers with personal permits could be located by vengeful criminals;
    o People with protective orders who have relocated to avoid threats could be located via the database by their stalkers or attackers.

That last one is one I have hammered on since I found out the Memphis Commercial Appeal had put up a searchable website for all Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit holders. Enough of those are people who got a permit to carry in response a death threat and who relocated to throw off stalkers, to make public release of the info endangerment to them. My sister chased off a home invader and detained his accomplice for arrest; she helped put both men in prison; if she had a carry permit, they could find that out and her new address through those websites; thank God in Tennessee under court and attorney general interpretation of the state constitution RKBA there is an absolute right to have a gun in your home for self defense without permit or license.

The Putnam Co. NY county clerk said if you want government information on permit holders in his county, come down to the office and fill out the paperwork so he could have you on public record as requesting public records on another private citizen. Sounds good to me.

When I wanted public info on property on Brown's Mountain when I was in the market for land, I had to go to the county seat and request info in person. Public info held by the government on private individuals should be released on need-to-know.

Sucks to be a professional journalist these days...

Forget ‘embarrassing Second Amendment,’ what about shaming the First?

When the Journal News in New York’s Westchester County decided to publish the identities of gun permit holders in two counties – information it was legally able to obtain – it ignited a backlash that seems to have surprised the editor and publisher, which suggests neither is half as smart as they apparently think they are.

http://www.examiner.com/article/forg...id=db_articles

Smile

Jana Winter, "Ex-Burglars Say Newspaper’s Gun Map Would’ve Made the Job Easier, Safer", 4 Jan 2013.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04...-easier-safer/

For example: Walter T. Shaw, 65, burglar, jewel thief, author of "License to Steal" says what the newspaper did was "insanity".

Another link: Inmates using newspaper's gun owner map to threaten guards, sheriff says
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04...ntcmp=trending

Before its over some innocent person, possibly an abused wife escaping here ex- is going to be stalked: will the paper take credit for the result?:Barf:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Sucks to be a professional journalist these days...

Forget ‘embarrassing Second Amendment,’ what about shaming the First?

When the Journal News in New York’s Westchester County decided to publish the identities of gun permit holders in two counties – information it was legally able to obtain – it ignited a backlash that seems to have surprised the editor and publisher, which suggests neither is half as smart as they apparently think they are.

http://www.examiner.com/article/forg...id=db_articles
    This is a great example of how the Internet is the great equalizer. The little guy now has power. A single blogger has caused a high ranking newspaper official to go completely underground. This would not have been possible 20 years ago.

Judge Jeanine Pirro on Fox News did a segment on the episode last night. She had two of the County Clerks on the show. One who released the names and one who refused.

And the Judge herself showed up on the list,so her mood was not good.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/06...uding-herself/

Her opening statement film clip is on the link.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Here is the whole 10 minute segment:

http://nation.foxnews.com/judge-jean...uted-gun-owner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Here is the whole 10 minute segment:

http://nation.foxnews.com/judge-jean...uted-gun-owner
    I love that sentence...

I know where you live but my mother raised a lady.

Back to my use of the Commercial Appeal gun permit website:
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/gunpermits/
    According to CommApp reader Gregory W. Boller of Collierville TN, "If we know who these people are who carry concealed weapons, we can give them wide berth and/or keep their actions under close scrutiny."

Kingsport Times-News reported Antonio Johnson of Kingsport TN charged with firing shots in Blountvillle. On the list two persons same last, first name, Antioch TN YOB 1984, Memphis TN YOB 1972, apparently not the person I would need to beware of or keep under scrutiny.

Kingsport Times-News reported Derrick Dakota Kitzmiller, 21, of Gray TN charged with firing shots at Tennessee Highway Patrolman Appleba. On the list, "no records found" so if I relied on Commercial Appeal gun permit website, Derrick Kitzmiller would be an OK guy, not a person I would need to beware of or keep under scrutiny.

Back in the 1960s I sometimes would declare that "we gunowners are the n****rs of the liberals, the people the urban left love to hate and enjoy feeling superior to."

Reading some of the commentary supporting these outtings of gun permit holders by Journal News and Commercial Appeal and other newspapers, I have come to realize that we are the Juden Untermensch of this new generation of left wingnuts, and if they had their way we would be required to wear little yellow guns sewn to our clothes if we dared venture into public. (U Colorado has seperate dormitories for gun permit holders.) The worst of the anti-gun nuts have called for more Wacos (their version of Kristallnacht) to teach us a lesson.

Or.....where the best chances of getting killed robbing houses lay?
    Wasn't the database handguns only? If so, anyone trying to rob according to it could find themselves on the wrong end of a shotgun.

What's the lethality of shotgun wounds? 90%?

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins. My freedom of speech can't override your rights--right must be limited to the freedom to do things that don't violate the freedoms of others."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
    I think this should be tattooed on the back of the typing hand of every person who writes opinion pieces or on air broadcast (journalists?). Then when a yellow journalist or news broadcaster harms somebody with his words and gets hauled up in front of the court for libel or slander he won't be able to say he didn't know. It could be a UV tattoo so it wouldn't be visible but the author would know it was there. At the very least it should be part of the masthead of every news publication.
    1934 – National Firearms Act, 1968 – The Gun Control Act, 1986 – Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 – Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 – Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 – Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Old Grump View Post
    At the very least it should be part of the masthead of every news publication.
    We are all dust before this happens, A great thought from the Wisconsin woods though!