Thread: Consolidated Petition Thread

ND Resident, Stationed in NC, Deployed Overseas

Consolidated Petition Thread

Howdy, folks.
    This is the new consolidated petition thread. By no means am I asking anyone to stop perfectly good petitions. Instead, rather than have them come up in replies or a new petition post every day, this thread can be your one stop shop for informing us of petitions.
    It will help us all rally behind one petition rather than starting a new one that's basically the same as another, which will stop us from doubling our effort.
    It will clean up the boards.
    It will alert us to petitions from the gun-grabber community.

The format will be as follows:
    Petition Title
    Text of the Petition
    Link to the Petition
    Any additional amplifying statements you may have about this petition.
    Yes, I'm a grown man that loves My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Got a problem?

Good idea Aaryq! I see several similar petitions on the WH site all the time.

I am not trying to discourage anybody ,but, I really don't think the BO administration is looking at these with an open mind. The pro gun petitions get more signatures than any others except for maybe the death star one. So once a couple of the pro gun petitions got over the necessary number of signatures the WH issued a statement telling me how they are on my side and will ban assault rifles and 30 rnd magsWTF?
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

Boy, this sub-sub-sub forum (thread) is really buried. First time I ever noticed it. Why can't you move it to the head of the Strategies and Tactics forum?

What I'd like to see (dream on, Terry!) is a counter-strategy to Bloomie's phone-in system that I heard about in respect to calling the Nevada Governor's office to influence him to sign that Universal Background Check (UBC) bill.

The way I understand it, Bloomberg had set up a phone system where anyone, anywhere, could call the Nevada Governor's office to urge his approval of the bill and the incoming call would look like it came from within Nevada.

Apparently, this is the same kind of system used by scammers and other telemarketers to shield their actual location. Scumbag tactics, of course, but the Mayor has been known to use low-ethical-level tactics before. (Look at the way he defeated the two-term-limit for the New York mayor's office amd got himself a third term anyway.)

Yes, anyone could use it, even to call in to urge him to veto the measure, but at first, the information was available only in the anti-gunner
    community.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

Without Bloomberg's millions to play with, it would be impractical for "us" to set up a similar system, but I was thinking that we might alert our members when something like this comes up again, just as we attempt to alert them to petitions in this sub-sub-sub forum.

Yes, most internet polls are of very limited scientific value, and although we have been successful in "fire missions," the "antis" have their own fire missions, and the propaganda value is still there even though the scientific value is virtually nil.

I therefore suggest:

(1) We move this subforum to the top of the Strategies and Tactics forum, perhaps as a sticky. And perhaps even to the top of the General forum.

(2) We include "phone polls," such as described above, to the subject area.

(3) We rename the "News And Polls Archive" as "Fire Missions and Counter-Propaganda"

As you are surely aware, we are about to undergo another attack on our rights, and I have been disappointed in the last couple of years with the fact that our "strategy" is to merely react to these attacks. In the future, let us at least be prepared with a "rapid response" mechanism which is readily accessible to the membership, such as proposed above.

Terry, 230RN
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

The pro gun petitions get more signatures than any others except for maybe the death star one. So once a couple of the pro gun petitions got over the necessary number of signatures the WH issued a statement telling me how they are on my side and will ban assault rifles and 30 rnd magsWTF?