Thread: Another Dishonest Video Edit from NBC

Another Dishonest Video Edit from NBC

Another Dishonest Video Edit from NBC as Martin Bashir Smears Gun Rights Supporters

I think this makes about three times for NBC / CNBC in recent history?
    1. Editing the George Zimmerman 911 call to paint him as a racist.
    2. Andrea Mitchell's smearing of Mitt Romney with deceptive edit.
    3. The hearings at the link below (story and video).

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...#ixzz2JcfVMC7c
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

I am starting to think now more than ever that something needs to be done about the extreme bias in the media. I was watching the world news this morning and it had a streamer running at the bottom of the screen reporting a few details about misc. stories. One of them read "George Zimmerman the man who shot unarmed teen Trayvon Martin". Now the "unarmed" part was intentionally put in to keep the public turned against Zimmerman IMO. Why not just say "George Zimmerman the man who shot Trayvon Martin"? Let the people draw their own conclusion or add their own detail to the event.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

In the US in 2010 "unarmed" assailants killed 800 people using only hands or feet.

The real question should be not that Martin was "unarmed" but whether he was the agressor or the victim in the lethal confrontation.

Yes, that trailer was a spin on a predetermined narrative of an undecided, unadjudicated case that had the potential of polluting the jury pool by presenting a pre-decided viewpoint.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno2 View Post
    I am starting to think now more than ever that something needs to be done about the extreme bias in the media. I was watching the world news this morning and it had a streamer running at the bottom of the screen reporting a few details about misc. stories. One of them read "George Zimmerman the man who shot unarmed teen Trayvon Martin". Now the "unarmed" part was intentionally put in to keep the public turned against Zimmerman IMO. Why not just say "George Zimmerman the man who shot Trayvon Martin"? Let the people draw their own conclusion or add their own detail to the event.
    So it is OK to restrict 1A rights, but not 2A rights?

That is not how it works.
    Jamie

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

I think there needs to be 23 EO's issued to take some of the 1st amendment rights away from liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie B View Post
    So it is OK to restrict 1A rights, but not 2A rights?

That is not how it works.
    I a saying get back to real unbiased journalism. Instead of the spin zone so we can trust a media source again. I don't even trust Fox 100%. They spin it all the way the other way.

I was watching my local news the other day. They were discussing the proposed AWB. So they ran a clip of a guy shooting a real AK47. Well most of know that a semi auto AK doesn't dump a mag when you hold down the trigger, but a lot of people don't know that. So they walked away thinking that these things should be banned.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

It's a shame that the US Media now longer does their jobs, but are now mere propagandists.
    Knowing how to handle pressure is necessary for survival.-Admiral James Stockdale

Pretty much NBC's stock in trade. Goes back decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dateline_NBC
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Anti 2A Media..

It comes at NO surprise to me that the "media" is (and has been), anti 2A for many a year. We all know they outright lie, tell half truths and bend firearm facts for their convenience and way of thinking.

We, as law abiding firearms owners, will never be given equal opportunity by the media to educate the general public with (and about) the truth and facts when it comes to firearms.

The media will never let us do it because it would only show the general public the anti firearms bias that they really have.

The thing that irritates me the most about the "media" is that they get away with all their so called responsible reporting by stating they have the 1st amendment right to do so ..., while our 2nd A means nothing to them.

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.
    Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,
    they'll just shoot your butt instead.
    I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Before reading Larry's post, I was about to say, wasn't it NBC that got in trouble for GM truck fuel tank fiasco in the '90s...

The Media (especially NBC) doctoring video to put their spin on it... say it ain't so...

Quote Originally Posted by bruno2 View Post
    . . . I was watching my local news the other day. They were discussing the proposed AWB. So they ran a clip of a guy shooting a real AK47. Well most of know that a semi auto AK doesn't dump a mag when you hold down the trigger, but a lot of people don't know that. So they walked away thinking that these things should be banned.
    NBC's Tom Brokaw did that when the Clinton AWB was being discussed. When called on it, NBC acknowledged the error but brushed it off as unimportant, refusing to issue a correction.

Then a couple of weeks later, Brokaw did it again.

There are errors . . . and then there's deliberate deception. I assert it's the latter with these and many other edits.
    Pay attention - the inmates really are running the asylum.

This time it's Rachel Madcow!

I saw this one the other night - she showed a clip of John McCain at a town hall meeting, answering the mother of an Aurora shooting victim.

Maddow’s quote after running the edited video:
    Obviously there was an edit between the end of the woman's question and the part where John McCain, ah, sneers the straight talk line at her, so, you know, maybe that edit was cut in a way that was not fair to John McCain.

Ya think?
    I knew you couldn't put any faith in this one since the edit was so obvious (and MSNBC is on a roll with edited clips lately).
    Rachel thinks she's being clever by putting that 'disclaimer' out there, BUT SHE’S GOING TO RUN THE VIDEO ANYWAY!

Tonight on O'Reilly, they showed the entire clip.
    Surprise, surprise...when taken as a whole, John McCain was neither dismissive, disrespectful, or "sneered" at the mother!

Every time you think MSNBC et al can't sink any lower, they continue to lower the bar...

MSNBC Uses Selectively Edited Video In Smear Of McCain
    http://nation.foxnews.com/john-mccai...o-smear-mccain
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member