Thread: Little winter shooting

Blue River Wisconsin, in a little hut in the woods

Little winter shooting

Been a little quiet down here and I think most of us are just counting time till its shirt sleeve shooting weather but I couldn't stand it anymore so I loaded up a few and went out to do some 25 yard targets. That idea was squelched quickly. 37 degrees was warm enough, but a solid layer of ice between my shooting bench and the target line made my old body change its mind and I set up some ice filled jugs at 10 yards instead, Even that was a hip crunching back screaming exercise but when you gotta shoot you gotta shoot.

So some Walkers, ROA and a Navy 1851 36 caliber I had never shot before purchased from a man who had it for a few years but never took it out of the box.

I was going to set out a dozen jugs but by the time I got these 4 out there I was nearly done in. 28 days, 59 hours till spring and I can't wait.

In spite of everything shooting was good and the 36 was spot on, no change in load necessary.

So come on guys, who is shooting and what are you shooting?
    1934 National Firearms Act, 1968 The Gun Control Act, 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, 1993 Brady Handguns Violence Act, 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, 1995 Gun Free School Zones Act, NO MORE COMPROMISING

Two weekends ago zeroed my AR at 300 yards and did some pistol work. Last Saturday I took out another AR, M1 carbine, SKS and M39. It has been fun down here, shoot on Saturday, dive on Sunday. Makes for a nice break from this torture called Calculus.
    When the going gets tough the tough get cyclic!
    "The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. I'm not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals." Standing Wolf