Thread: Rally on Beacon Hill!

Rally on Beacon Hill!

GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) Rally (link)

I'm sorry I didn't make it my business to post this earlier; this event came as a surprise to at least one of our members here in Massachusetts.

All are invited, especially those who can conveniently attend. (I'll be traveling about 140 miles.)

There will be a rally on the Boston Common in front of the Statehouse on Wednesday, April 3rd from 12-3.
    Alan Gottlieb from the Second Amendment Foundation is scheduled to be one of the featured speakers.
    As it is a 'business' day for the legislature, we will be visiting our elected representatives in the Statehouse at about 2 p.m.
    Reminder: City of Boston Parks & Rec Commission has regulation prohibiting CCW on the Boston Common which carries a fine of up to $50.00. Also, CCW is not allowed in the State House.

UPCOMING EVENT
    Gun Rights Across America-Massachusetts is sponsoring a muster on Lexington Battle Green on April 19.
    musterposter.jpg
    (Mods, if necessary, please don't hesitate to move this to Activism)

Quote Originally Posted by Joist View Post
    GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) Rally (link)

I'm sorry I didn't make it my business to post this earlier; this event came as a surprise to at least one of our members here in Massachusetts.

All are invited, especially those who can conveniently attend. (I'll be traveling about 140 miles.)

There will be a rally on the Boston Common in front of the Statehouse on Wednesday, April 3rd from 12-3.
    Alan Gottlieb from the Second Amendment Foundation is scheduled to be one of the featured speakers.
    As it is a 'business' day for the legislature, we will be visiting our elected representatives in the Statehouse at about 2 p.m.
    Reminder: City of Boston Parks & Rec Commission has regulation prohibiting CCW on the Boston Common which carries a fine of up to $50.00. Also, CCW is not allowed in the State House.

UPCOMING EVENT
    Gun Rights Across America-Massachusetts is sponsoring a muster on Lexington Battle Green on April 19.
    musterposter.jpg
    (Mods, if necessary, please don't hesitate to move this to Activism)
    Won't move it , will sticky it
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Won't move it , will sticky it
    Thank you!

This will be the second rally I've attended since Cuomo's midnight gun-grab. There was another scheduled for Feb. 8, but the Deval Patrick shut down the entire state for a piddling snowstorm.

Wish I could be there on the Common. Ironically, I was born & raised in the city but for many, many years now have called Arizona home.

Quote Originally Posted by asia331 View Post
    Wish I could be there on the Common. Ironically, I was born & raised in the city but for many, many years now have called Arizona home.
    From a RKBA standpoint, you might be better-off there.
    Thanks for your well-wishes.

A good time was had by all

Yesterday, under a clear blue sky, a couple of news helicopters and a cold ocean breeze, 1000-1500 concerned citizens met on the Boston Common to rally for our (and your) Second Amendment rights. We then marched to the Statehouse to chat with our legislative representatives.

The print media and the two Democratic candidates for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by John Kerry's move to SecState dismissed us as kooks and 'NRA activists.' The TV folks were far less biased, but as far as I know nobody asked any of the three Republican candidates for the same office what they thought about the rally.

I don't know how fruitful the rally was, but it has become clear to me that there's room for a lot more 2A education on Beacon Hill. (They really don't know what they're talking about, and one of them said as much to me.)

There at least three more events scheduled this month in Massachusetts: a 2-hour 'stand-out' on April 15 in Pittsfield, a rally in West Springfield and the Lexington Battle Green muster on April 19.

Thanks, Joist!

Any details on the April 19 muster: just show up in regular clothes and gun rights signs, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Loosedhorse View Post
    Thanks, Joist!

Any details on the April 19 muster: just show up in regular clothes and gun rights signs, or what?
    Yeah, regular clothes, preferably in good repair, and signs. Bonus points for a clever sign.

I understand that the organizers are discouraging open carry.

The guys in 18th-century garb carrying muzzle-loaders are part of the reenactment, not necessarily the muster.

Cool Patriots Day/Tax day rally in Pittsfield

A few hundred grassroots sportsmen, gun owners, and 2A activists participated in a 2-hour 'standout' during evening drive-time at Park Square in the center of Pittsfield, Mass. on Patriots Day/Tax Day.
    We had widespread support from passing motorists.

The next Bay State events are the muster on Lexington Green and a rally in West Springfield on Friday, April 19. Some of those in attendance in Pittsfield today will be trying to show up at both those events.

Cancelled - The muster on Lexington Battle Green

Citing the Boston Marathon bombing, the Lexington Board of Selectmen has revoked the permit for Gun Rights Across America's April 19 Muster on Lexington Battle Green.

As part of the fallout of this disgraceful turn of events, the Massachusetts organizers of the Muster have parted ways with the national GRAA, and will be joining the OathKeepers rally in West Springfield, Mass., where Stewart Rhodes and others will speak. Our thoughts and prayers will be with the victims of the bombing and their families. (LH, regards to team members and family.)

From a selfish point of view, the change of venue will result in a reduction of 220 miles in my round trip.

April 19, 2013

In spite of the revocation of the permit for the Muster on the Lexington Battle Green, and withdrawal of support for the event by Gun Rights Across America, Oathkeepers held an abbreviated gathering on the Green, then most, if not all of the featured speakers proceeded to West Springfield for a five-hour rally held without a permit on the town common.
    Conditions were far from ideal, with a 25-30 m.p.h. breeze buffeting signs and whipping flags, but the loudspeakers were up to the task of amplifying the remarks given by Larry Pratt (GOA), Mike Vanderboegh (Sipsey Street Irregulars), Stewart Rhodes (Oathkeepers), Jim Wallace (GOAL) and other local activists from Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

This event was the seventh (of which I am aware) planned for the first four months of 2013 in Massachusetts. With the defeat of recent gun control legislation on Capitol Hill, some may see this as a good time to rest, but I'm mindful of looming gun grabbers in Boston and Harry Reid's procedural maneuver to preserve the option of bringing up national gun control in D.C.

At the OP's request this thread is being unstickied and moved to activism
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

Quote Originally Posted by Joist View Post
    some may see this as a good time to rest, but I'm mindful of looming gun grabbers in Boston and Harry Reid's procedural maneuver to preserve the option of bringing up national gun control in D.C.
    Which procedural maneurver?
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre
    Republicans: The Other Democratic Party

Quote Originally Posted by NEOKShooter View Post
    Which procedural maneuver?
    By casting a 'nay' vote, he's allowed to bring the legislation back to the floor, at any time, with a 'motion to reconsider.'
    Stay on your toes.