+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are crimes committed because of hate really terrorism?

Are crimes committed because of hate really terrorism?

I was careful not to say "hate crimes" though that's what crimes committed because of hate are. Hate shouldn't be illegal but the crimes committed because of hate are already illegal so they don't need special laws or sentencing but...

Are they terrorism? They're calling the murders in London by individual muslims terrorism. I think this is to promote and sustain the war on terror. If someone kills another because of color, religion, sexual preference, height, or shoe size, is it terrorism? Or is it just hate?

Hate sucks. But I don't think it's terrorism. What do you think?
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre
    Republicans: The Other Democratic Party

Quote Originally Posted by NEOKShooter View Post
    I was careful not to say "hate crimes" though that's what crimes committed because of hate are. Hate shouldn't be illegal but the crimes committed because of hate are already illegal so they don't need special laws or sentencing but...

Are they terrorism? They're calling the murders in London by individual muslims terrorism. I think this is to promote and sustain the war on terror. If someone kills another because of color, religion, sexual preference, height, or shoe size, is it terrorism? Or is it just hate?

*sigh* is a murder committed to steal a car or a little bit of money less heinous than one committed because the victim was *fill in the blank.* ? If we start defining the severity of a crime by "hate" does it not follow that there will be a hierarchy of hate? A hate crime against Baptists isn't as bad as a hate crime against New Yorkers and so on. Cross burning is considered a hate crime, but what about the guy that lays a deadly trap at the site of a cross burning- not to stop the act but because he just hates Kluckers? Would a hate crime against those committing a hate crime be a hate crime?

Terrorism? I'm more afraid of Congress. After all, terrorists only strike at intervals, Congress strikes on a regular schedule.

What kind of crimes?

There is a huges difference stealing vs murder. Plus, can you please specify?
    Owner of: Ruger AR-556
    SIG Sauer M400 Tread
    https://airbnbuniverse.com
    https://coffeebrat.com

Quote Originally Posted by NEOKShooter View Post

Terrorism and hate crimes are by no means synonymous, but they do overlap. Indeed, it is not hard to understand why in certain instances terrorism is perhaps the ultimate hate crime, in that it seeks to subjugate, repress, or simply target people because of their race, religion, ethnicity, or national origin.

+ Reply to Thread