Thread: Have. A. Gun.

Administrator   
    In a pot of water, 200 degrees and rising slowly....

Have. A. Gun.

And have it close. And have the right mindset to use it or whatever is handy to stop the threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvHMM6TF50
    "...there's always somebody else out there that needs to be whacked"... MajGen James Mattis, to Co G, Third Battalion, Twenty-Third Marines, in Al Kut, Iraq, July 2003

What I do.

Quote Originally Posted by DRZinn View Post
    And have it close. And have the right mindset to use it or whatever is handy to stop the threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvHMM6TF50
    That may remind us that our first duty is to protect OUR rights. Without OUR rights nobody will have a gun but criminals and government.

Believe me they can easily be taken away. None of the over my dead body types are going to do a thing with five ninjas at the door with orders to kill if threatened or resisted. That stuff does not even work in movies.

When the goblin is caught we will be informed that he was just getting his life turned around.

=========================================
    Slight change of topic:
    Since Col. Cooper's death I have not heard the term "goblin" often.
    Here is where I think he got it. http://www.poetry-archive.com/r/litt...ant_annie.html
    “It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”
    — Thomas Sowell

None of the over my dead body types are going to do a thing with five ninjas at the door with orders to kill if threatened or resisted.
    That's exactly how they will have to get mine. I refuse to just hand them over. Nobody gets to live forever and I'm too damn old to try.

Zip
    "Few of the great tragedies of history were created by the village idiot, and many by the village genius." Thomas Sowell
    "Sometimes absurdity is worth it for its own sake." Andrew Breitbart
    "Reality is not optional." Thomas Sowell

I understand the crooks tactical necessity to subdue the woman but that beating went far far beyond that. this dude is some nut job.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

The young lady is lucky to be alive. Dude is a violent sick dog that needs to be put down. Sad thing is that incidents like this happen every day in small towns and in big cities and yet people are not smart enough to be prepared.

Few years back an older couple who were my cousins were the victims of a home invasion by three young punks, who beat them to death. We live in a small town that is relatively safe. The trash who attacked them were just passing through on the interstate and decided to stop. Just one of the reasons I am armed at all times I am legally allowed.
    Not all problems can be solved by shooting the heck out of them..... Well most can, and if not then high explosives can really be your friend!

If you can't do something smart ........ do something right!

There are only 2 people in this world I trust and you ain't one of'em!

Quote Originally Posted by TCB in TN View Post
    The young lady is lucky to be alive. Dude is a violent sick dog that needs to be put down. Sad thing is that incidents like this happen every day in small towns and in big cities and yet people are not smart enough to be prepared.

Few years back an older couple who were my cousins were the victims of a home invasion by three young punks, who beat them to death. We live in a small town that is relatively safe. The trash who attacked them were just passing through on the interstate and decided to stop. Just one of the reasons I am armed at all times I am legally allowed.
    That was a horrible event. My condolences on your cousins violent death.
    I read an article several years ago that small towns adjacent to Interstate's are particularly vulnerable to the type of incident you described: Violent drifters passing through, who exit off, and then pull a quick smash and grab or home invasion.

We always have to be prepared. These encounters happen in an instant. Condition yellow is as low as I go, and it's nearer orange.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

The first rule of firearm ownership is make sure you have the right to own one.

Not much point in thinking that a firearm cannot be taken by government because not only can it, it will be. All that takes is for citizens to continue sitting on their bum saying nothing I can do, you can't fight government and 10,000 other excuses.

Louisianan (hurricane Katrina) is a good example of how easy that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri9bPiXFTPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8cSwidTqLY

They caught the guy from the original post within a week.

Despite the video: "... 42-year-old Shawn Custis pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment ..."

It seems to me, the only question is if they can prove the "attempted murder" charge. The others seem clearly obvious. In any case, I don't think he deserves one more breath of air.
    "Energy and persistence alter all things." - Benjamin Franklin

Regrets are not usually about what we do - they're usually about what we don't.

Administrator    
    condolences, TCB.

(We've had a mini-crimewave of home invasions against seniors. Folks are targeted while driving, followed right into the garage. Popular m.o. .... Crane your neck and check that blindspot. Arrange your side-mirrors, and 'swivel' the rear-view, 3-6, if you have temporary physical limitations. Stay frosty.)

Quote Originally Posted by thesecond View Post
    condolences, TCB.

(We've had a mini-crimewave of home invasions against seniors. Folks are targeted while driving, followed right into the garage. Popular m.o. .... Crane your neck and check that blindspot. Arrange your side-mirrors, and 'swivel' the rear-view, 3-6, if you have temporary physical limitations. Stay frosty.)
    Exactly why there is always a revolver in the console. Just for such a situation.

There is a cop shop not far from our home. If I believe I am being tailed that closely, I'll take a detour of a couple blocks just for good measure.

Zip
    "Few of the great tragedies of history were created by the village idiot, and many by the village genius." Thomas Sowell

In any case, I don't think he deserves one more breath of air.
    Neither do I.
    There are far more life-deserving people on God's green Earth than that POS.

- JMMHO, of course.

Zip

Quote Originally Posted by Crimefree View Post
    Believe me they can easily be taken away. None of the over my dead body types are going to do a thing with five ninjas at the door with orders to kill if threatened or resisted.
    I agree that our rights are too easily taken away. "No knock" raids, TSA "gropers", NSA spying, etc. are just the "tips of the icebergs".

HOWEVER - I also agree with Zip's response. I'm too old, too slow, and too uncaring for their "feelings", or health, or safety to be their doormat. IF it should ever come to that (God forbid!), I will make damned sure that it is as costly to them as I can make it!
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow