Thread: Morgan Spurlock gets a job in a gun shop

Morgan Spurlock gets a job in a gun shop

This Sunday night @ 10pm on CNN, Morgan Spurlock gets a job working in a gun shop.

The show is Inside Man - check your local listings.
    It only becomes class warfare when the working class decides to fight back.
    When they don't, it simply becomes a case of economic genocide.
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

I've had no use for him since (really ever) Supersize Me.
    It is your dissatisfaction with what IS that is the source of all of your unhappiness. Matthew Scudder

It's CNN, home of Katherine Eban Finkelstein's coverage of Operation Fast and Furious. They will probably show Spurlock selling twenty AKs at a time to an illegal immigrant with no fixed address and no known income, and the straw buyer in the parking lot loading the guns in a van with gang signs and Mexican tags, with them driving off to the border yelling "Viva Los Zetas!"

I have my foam rubber brick locked and loaded to throw at the screen. I have gone beyond skeptical to outright cynical on the MSM ever covering gun issues objectively.

ADDED: first search for Spurlock gun shop gets:
    Spurlock's Gun Shop in Henderson, NV - Las Vegas Area Gun Store
    Spurlock’s Gun Shop is a Las Vegas area gun store which specializes in hunting rifles and reloading supplies.
    Search for Morgan Spurlock gun shop gets:
    http://insideman.blogs.cnn.com/
    What happens when the right to bear arms comes under fire? MorganSpurlock gets a personal look this Sunday at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Only On CNN. Tune in Sunday, June 23 at 10pm ET. Only on CNN.
    Photos feature MP5 and M4gery.

Fear sends shoppers into gun store

June 27th, 2013

04:04 PM ET

Watch the 2nd episode of 'Inside Man' here live

Find out what happens when the right to bear arms comes under fire when Morgan Spurlock works at a gun shop and visits a firing range to get an Inside Man's take on gun ownership in America. Watch the live simulcast right here.

Sunday at 10 p.m. ET/PT

Filed under: Gun control • Second Amendment
    Last edited by Carl N. Brown; June 29th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

When Spurlock is in a real gunshop dealing with a real FFL and real customers, the show is OK; when he leaves the shop, he is in an environment where his views have no contradictory reality check.

Spurlock tries to minimize the NRA by saying it represents "only" 5 million out of 80 million gun owners. (What percent of the population are dues paying members of Brady Campaign?) Then he claims that the reactions of gun owners and non gun owners to the calls for more gun control was caused by -- drum roll, rim shot -- the NRA. Based on what? A poll of gun buyers especially first time gun buyers saying "Wayne told me and I must obey"? No, just a BS talking point pulled from the source of BS. NRA is powerless and almighty at the same time. Same leftwing, liberal, Democrat, New York Times, The Nation, talking point I have heard since 1959.

Then take the claim the NRA is financed not primarily by membership dues but by gun industry donations.

2010 NRA income was $228 million, $113 million from dues, $115 million from fundraising, sales, advertising and royalties.

"Since 2005, the organization has received at least $14.8 million from more than 50 firearms-related firms." Peter Robison and John Crewdson. "NRA Raises $200 Million as Gun Lobby Toasters Burn Logo on Bread". Bloomberg.com. 29 Dec 2011.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...-on-bread.html

How does $15 million corporate donations to NRA reported by Bloomberg over six years amount to more than the annual $113 million NRA membership dues? New math?
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.