Thread: Open Carry Demonstrations & Anti-Gun Protests BOTH no longer welcome at Starbucks

Open Carry Demonstrations & Anti-Gun Protests BOTH no longer welcome at Starbucks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013
    Howard Schultz, Starbucks chairman, president and chief executive officer

. . . .

Recently, however, we’ve seen the “open carry” debate become increasingly uncivil and, in some cases, even threatening. Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners.

. . . .
    Starbucks Open Carry Request (it is NOT a ban on open carry where legal, just a sort of please don't hold political protests in our coffee shops request).

One reaction: "Good for you Starbucks!!!! good for you Howard Schultz not afraid to stand up to gun toting tea baggers!!!!!"--maltese77.bs

But considering: "Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners."--Howard Schultz

I think: Howard Schultz is more tired of people like maltese77.bs gleefully "ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction".

For myself, my handgun carry permit covers open and concealed carry but out of concern that a hoplophobic loon like maltese77.bs may freak out and hysterically 911 report "man with a gun", I carry concealed. So I feel that I am in compliance with Howard Schultz' no open carry protest request.

I am split on my feelings (besides my wife prefers coffee as I brew it in the morning). Looking at the news on this this morning, the photo may have been staged: it showed the rear end of a patron sitting with a pistol in holster (and skin showing above his belt) and several anti-gun protesters standing with signs. We should all remember: in 1997 about 56,000 legal British handgun owners (including the Olympic target shooting team) lost their rights because a Gun Control Network (about four activists) kept up media and political prssure and handgun owners stayed quiet hoping things would blow over.

But Schultz would rather sell coffee than have Starbucks be a political stage.
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Carl, one might say this was inevitable. Starbucks, as I write below, never wanted to be in the middle of this p!$$!ng match. They just wanted to sell coffee.

Ah well

Starbucks letter ignites tempest in a coffee pot

Overnight, Howard Schultz, CEO of the Seattle-based Starbucks – which has become the unwilling focal point of a political struggle over gun rights – released an open letter asking people to not carry firearms in Starbucks coffee shops.

http://www.examiner.com/article/star...t-a-coffee-pot

Gun blogger reaction to Starbucks blisters some activists

It’s not Starbucks in the crosshairs of some gun bloggers in the wake of last night’s open letter from CEO Howard Schultz, but some of the more “in-your-face” activists whose demeanor may have been at least partly responsible for Schultz’s request to not bring guns into their stores.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...some-activists
    Last edited by Dave Workman; September 18th, 2013 at 05:40 PM.

A gun control truth revealed by Starbucks story

Reacting to yesterday’s appeal to gun-toters by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to not carry their firearms into Starbucks coffee shops, Washington Ceasefire’s Ralph Fascitelli allowed his candor to reveal the true nature of the gun control lobby when he told the Seattle Times this was “a good first step.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-gu...tarbucks-story

What are the logical chances he will veto any gun control bills? Not saying don't do it, by all means do everything you can, but realistically - what do you think he will do?
    Our excellent online 117-102 exam dump is rare in IT world.