Thread: 'Ventura Highway' America 1972

'Ventura Highway' America 1972

We follow up with Americas greatest mellow rock band of the early 1970's: America! These 3 guys were cool.

Those were great days. I remember it vaguely through the smoke and haze!

"A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Great! Now that I heard that I've been sucked in to listening to "Sandman", "Tin Man", and "Sister Golden Hair". America was a bit before my time. My older sisters though were the right age for that music. They'd try to get their brothers to listen to it. Monty Python fart jokes were what we could understand. Even then the true genius of Monty Python humor didn't set in until years later. Appreciation of America music took a bit longer.

That was a long time ago. Thanks for bringing back some memories, JD.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star", just for the hell of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_tJLeo2qU
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by IA_farmboy View Post
    Great! Now that I heard that I've been sucked in to listening to "Sandman", "Tin Man", and "Sister Golden Hair". America was a bit before my time. My older sisters though were the right age for that music. They'd try to get their brothers to listen to it. Monty Python fart jokes were what we could understand. Even then the true genius of Monty Python humor didn't set in until years later. Appreciation of America music took a bit longer.

That was a long time ago. Thanks for bringing back some memories, JD.

My pleasure! Here is Sister Golden Hair from 1975. The guys were in great form here on the Midnight Special!

Sister Golden Hair has always been one of my favorites. My blonde daughter used to use it as her Karaoke theme song....
    Paul
    People have some respect for the complexity of technology. But almost every ignorant fool thinks he understands money and economics.

Quote Originally Posted by pmeisel View Post
    Sister Golden Hair has always been one of my favorites. My blonde daughter used to use it as her Karaoke theme song....
    My 3 brunette daughters loved it too! We'll finish up with Americas first #1 hit. A Horse with No Name from 1972. Written by Dewey Brunell.