Thread: Moms demand more action

Moms demand more action

Moms group launches new gun control efforts

Tomorrow morning, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (MDA) is staging a lobbying effort in the Cannon House Office Building on Capitol Hill, as “nearly 100” gun prohibitionists led by MDA founder Shannon Watts descends on Washington, D.C. to push for so-called “gun reform.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/moms...hill-wednesday

Orlando - Y'all keep coming down on vacation and paying my taxes!
    According to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS), in 2005, an estimated 3.3 million reports of alleged abuse and/or neglect involving approximately 6 million children were made to local child protective services (CPS) agencies across the country.

An estimated 899,000 of these children were determined to be victims of abuse and/or neglect (USDHHS, 2007). Of these, 16.6 percent were determined to be victims of physical abuse.

Further, an estimated 1,460 children died in 2005 as a result of child abuse and neglect (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2007). NCANDS data collection saw a large increase in child maltreatment numbers during its data collection in 2005 largely due to the inclusion of Alaska and Puerto Rico.
    Maybe they should focus their energies where the real problem is; mothers, fathers and care-givers injuring and killing children in far greater numbers.
    PRC (AW) USN (Ret) 1973 - 1995
    "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"; The oath I took doesn't have an expiration date.

The thing about Moral Panicks is they allow you to project your problems on a demonized Other and avoid your own responsibilitities.
    If only the Government would take action against that other person, everything would be ok.

I thought Moms Demand Action and Mayors Against Illegal Guns were merging into "Everytown"? Or did that launch flop?
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl N. Brown View Post
    The thing about Moral Panicks is they allow you to project your problems on a demonized Other and avoid your own responsibilitities.
    If only the Government would take action against that other person, everything would be ok.

I thought Moms Demand Action and Mayors Against Illegal Guns were merging into "Everytown"? Or did that launch flop?
    No, but Bloomy just dished out $50 mil, and all the kiddies get to play.

But wait! What's that I hear? RESISTANCE??!!!

YES!

Women encouraged to ‘Take a MOMent,’ talk gun safety to kids

Countering yesterday’s announcement by gun control proponent Shannon Watts that Moms Demand Action will be lobbying for tougher gun restrictions, the country’s top female shooting competitor has launched a campaign of her own, encouraging pro-gun mothers to “Take a MOMent” and “talk to your kids about firearm safety.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/wome...safety-to-kids