+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sgt. Tahmooressi

Sgt. Tahmooressi

Why isn't everyone bouncing off of the walls about this?

I don't understand why our citizens are not demanding his release. Why hasn't our Commander in Chief made the call to bring him home?

http://www.foxnews.com/live-coverage...iled-in-mexico
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno2 View Post
    Why isn't everyone bouncing off of the walls about this?

I don't understand why our citizens are not demanding his release. Why hasn't our Commander in Chief made the call to bring him home?

http://www.foxnews.com/live-coverage...iled-in-mexico
    Because he's a good guy who made an innocent mistake in crossing a border, not a deserter from a wartime post.
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

I should start a whitehouse.gov petition to release the 5 most dangerous Mexican cartel members in US prison in exchange for him.

With every passing day, Barry cements his rep as the worst White House res since James Buchanan (1857-1861).

By his departure in January ,2017 , James may have lost the crown.

Our 15th Prez.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

Fox is about the only network paying any real attention to this situation.

The pretender in chief doesn't care about citizens especially patriotic citizens and it doesn't fit whatever agenda he has.

I remember many times while stationed in Yuma, the Base Commanders from bases along the border would make Mexico off limits to all military personnel, why not do that until he's released.

The POTUS is destroying our country by bankrupting it, overloading the services provided and not enforcing our current laws (again because they don't fit into his agenda) I know I didn't name them all.
    When and how did I become a senior member? Remember don't drink the Kool-aid!!

J.J.

Perhaps things have changed since I lived and worked in San Diego and was a Navy dependent in the '60s, '70s, and '80s but in my day it was widely publicized in both the military and civilian gun owning communities that the person who crossed the border with firearms would be treated exactly as Tahmooressi has been treated and could expect little more help from the U.S. government than a list of attorneys in TJ. Some of the horror stories, real or apocryphal, included folk who had no actual firearm, just an empty casing. Had I found myself with guns and south of the last U.S. exit but still on this side, I would have stopped, on the shoulder or in traffic if necessary, and made my way back against traffic, to the last exit even if it meant waiting 'til after midnight for a break in traffic. With that history, I find it difficult to have much sympathy.
    Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Quote Originally Posted by happygeek View Post
    I should start a whitehouse.gov petition to release the 5 most dangerous Mexican cartel members in US prison in exchange for him.
    Can we trade 50,000 undocumented kids from Mexico and Central America for one lost Marine with PTSD?
    Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master.
    - Sallust

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Dye View Post
    Perhaps things have changed since I lived and worked in San Diego and was a Navy dependent in the '60s, '70s, and '80s but in my day it was widely publicized in both the military and civilian gun owning communities that the person who crossed the border with firearms would be treated exactly as Tahmooressi has been treated and could expect little more help from the U.S. government than a list of attorneys in TJ. Some of the horror stories, real or apocryphal, included folk who had no actual firearm, just an empty casing. Had I found myself with guns and south of the last U.S. exit but still on this side, I would have stopped, on the shoulder or in traffic if necessary, and made my way back against traffic, to the last exit even if it meant waiting 'til after midnight for a break in traffic. With that history, I find it difficult to have much sympathy.
    Tahmooressi didn't live or work in San Diego. He was a visitor. He didn't know where the exits were, didn't know where the US-Mexican border was located.

I remember long ago attempting to drive from Reagan Airport in DC to Hagerstown, MD. I knew what road I was supposed to take, but was unfamiliar with the area and how close different exits seemed, compared to the west.

Despite both my and my wife's best efforts at map-reading and navigation, I ended up in the Pentagon parking lot.
    Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master.
    - Sallust

+ Reply to Thread