Thread: Open carry: Hurt or help ?????

Open carry: Hurt or help ?????

Unfolding debate: Do rifle-toting activists help or hurt 2A effort?

In the wake of Friday’s announcement that the Washington State Senate will no longer allow open carry of firearms in its gallery, a debate has erupted in the firearms community as to whether long gun open carry demonstrations advance or hurt the Second Amendment cause.

http://www.examiner.com/article/unfo...hurt-2a-effort

On the other side of the argument, supporters of the open carriers repeatedly insist they did nothing wrong. That may or may not be accurate, depending upon one’s viewpoint.
    Wrong? No, but considering the mental faculties of so many politicians, not in "good taste".
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Earth shaking: Newspaper editorial lauds gun rights leader

That social earthquake felt in Southwest Washington this morning was the Vancouver Columbian editorializing in agreement with the Evergreen State’s most prominent Second Amendment advocate, Alan Gottlieb.

http://www.examiner.com/article/eart...-rights-leader

Interesting op-ed piece on Gottlieb.

No less shocking was the recent op-ed in our local paper, the Belleville News-Democrat (bnd.com), shocking in part because of their last name.

No danger from concealed carry
    Madison and St. Clair counties are almost identical in population, so it was somewhat surprising to see how different they are when it comes to concealed carry.
    http://www.bnd.com/2015/01/21/362198...led-carry.html
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

I cant tell at this point how I feel about it hurting or helping.I want to say the way some of these guys are doing is hurting. However, that's what everybody said about gay parades and now they can marry in every state.
    Brandon

Take a kid shooting. They are the future.

Open Carry is part of the 2A. Remember ,shall not be infringed. Let it roll!

Brandon is correct in his last words. A right unused is a right lost no matter it's popularity. PC will certainly destroy this nation, given enough time.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

'Harry Callahan' Magnum Force 1973

NC has a OC law that doesn't require any permit. I OC at times but I live in a rural coastal area. I did get permission from the Sheriff for my CHP but why should I have to pay a tax to exercise a right?

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'