Thread: Brian Discusses Gun Rights and Marijuana with Isaac Chase

Brian Discusses Gun Rights and Marijuana with Isaac Chase

Brian Discusses Gun Rights and Marijuana with Isaac Chase

Campaign For Equal Gun Rights

The overall mission of this campaign is to expand civil liberties. Like many, we feel the federal government has infringed on many of our rights and it is up to us to limit their power.

There are several steps we have to take before the initiative gets on the 2016 ballot. Below you can read what this initiative will and will NOT do.
    What this initiative does:

• Equal Gun Rights: Passage of this initiative will treat marijuana users like alcohol users, when seeking a concealed handgun permit.

•Added Revenue: Concealed handgun permit applications require up to $100 for county fees and $52.50 for the CBI fee. Allowing marijuana users to obtain permits will add revenue to counties and the state from these additional applicants.

• Self-defense, not victimized: Many legal users of marijuana have been put in a vulnerable position. While they use marijuana legally, whether for medical purposes or recreational, they are still denied the basic right of self-defense. This initiative will restore their right to self-defense.
    What this initiative does NOT do:

• The initiative will not allow the possession of firearms while under the influence of marijuana. Laws prohibiting impaired persons to possess a firearm will not change.

www.http://coequalgunrights.org/

Contact Us

Phone: 720-663-7151

Isaac Chase: isaac@coequalgunrights.org
    Edgar Antillon: edgar@coequalgunrights.org

Quote Originally Posted by Right Edition View Post

•Added Revenue: Concealed handgun permit applications require up to $100 for county fees and $52.50 for the CBI fee. Allowing marijuana users to obtain permits will add revenue to counties and the state from these additional applicants.
    Arguing for a law based on increased revenue from taxing the exercise of a right does not sit well with me. There should be no fees imposed on the right to keep and bear arms.

I have no problem with legalizing marijuana as I see a right for people to pursue happiness however they choose so long as it does not interfere with the rights of another.

I'd like to rant further on the nonsense drug prohibition laws but it is late and I have work tomorrow. I will say this though, it appears we have learned nothing from the prohibition of alcohol so we are doomed to repeat history.

I told myself that when I saw a news article about a 13 year old Girl Scout selling cookies outside of a medical marijuana dispensary in California that we'd see marijuana legalized nationwide in five years. I reasoned that by computing the time it would take for that Girl Scout to be old enough to vote. I expect marijuana legalization to be a subject of debates for candidates in 2020.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.