Thread: WaPo calls B.S. on Barack

WaPo calls B.S. on Barack

Washington Post discredits Obama ‘exaggerated gun claims’…again

The traditionally anti-gun Washington Post yesterday once again called out President Barack Obama on his nasty habit of misrepresenting reality when it comes to firearms, giving his recent “odd series of exaggerated gun claims” a whopping three “Pinocchio’s,” which translates to meaning the president has been telling fibs.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wash...n-claims-again

Good to see him getting called out on his BS by mainstream media.

We all knew he was full of it in that speech.

I'm still looking for the neighborhood where I can get M855 easier than carrots.
    The only common sense gun regulations were written about 227 years ago.

Ban gangs, not guns!

( ^ Sorry. Right now its easier to find orange roots than to find green tips.)

Anyone keeping up with these lies?

Oldies but goodies (that keep cropping up)

90% of Mexicon crime guns trace to US gun stores in CA, AZ, NM, TX

Department of Homeland security gagged on that lie. ATF tells the Mexican authorities to submit for ATF tracing ONLY those guns that are marked as having been made in or imported through the US. DHS pointed out that of a sample of 30,000 Mexican crime guns, ~7,000 appeared to be US origin, ~4,000 showed up in ATF records and 3,480 (87%) of that subset traced to US sources. 3,480 is 12% of 30,000.

It is more accurate to say 90% of Mexican crime guns come from non-USA sources. The Chinese-made AKs with counterfeit North Korean markings sure didn't come from WalMart in Tucson.

40% of gun sales are by gunshow or internet dealers who don't do background checks.

That DoJ NIJ survey on where 251 ordinary citizens reported acquiring their guns actually broke down like this:
    60% through licensed dealers (gun shop, sporting goods store, pawnshop, licensed dealer at gun show)
    19% gift from family or friend
    5% inheritance
    13% private sales of used guns
    3% swap or trade of used guns
    And those figures are for the average gun owner. The Firearms Using Offender surveys of prison inmates show that overwelmingly criminals acquire guns from illegal sources in impossible to regulate ways.

Now these new claims.

Our homicide rates are a mile higher than other industrialized nations.

Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (34 countries) reports average homicide rate of 4.1 per 100,000 people per year among developed countries. The FBI UCR homicide rate in 2013 was 4.5 per 100,000 people. I will say the unspeakable: the homicide rate among US whites is less than 2 per 100,000 people versus over 15 among US blacks.

In some neighborhoods it is easier to buy a gun than to buy a book or fresh vegetables.

When I buy a gun, I have to present photo ID and wait until the state and Federal bureaus of investigation come back with a clear records report, pay $10 for having my character questioned and answered, and I pay a lot more for a gun than any book or vegetable ever cost me. It aint easier by a mile.

"People just say well, we should have firearms in kindergarten and we should have machine guns in bars"

Florida was looking at a bill to allow approved school personnel with military or police experience to serve as armed security after taking LE academy training. My home county has had school resource officers SROs (county deputies) in most schools since 1999, an SRO prevented a school shooting, and last I heard they were going to put armed SROs in all schools.

"Guns in bars" has always been an exaggerated talking point. I remember that one of the limitations of my carry permit was that being in a "bar" included being in any store that sold beer (take home), or being in a hotel or motel that had a restaurant serving alcohol under the same roof. In neither case would I be drinking or around drinkers, but just the two Demons of the Do-gooders under the same roof--guns and alcohol--were enough for fits of vapors (O-lord-a-mercy Agatha! My smelling salts!)
    Cogito me cogitare; ergo, cogito me esse.

Geez Carl:

I'm really disappointed in you.

You forgot: "This will be the most transparent administration in history."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Geez Carl:

I'm really disappointed in you.

You forgot: "This will be the most transparent administration in history."

It IS transparent. I can see right where it is taking us! 'Course it shouldn't be taking us anywhere. It should simply be serving us.

Woody
    http://oklahomafirearmservices.com/
    If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.. B.E.Wood