Thread: Antis now after 1st and 2nd, eh?

Antis now after 1st and 2nd, eh?

Gun prohibitionists target Miller; NW officials dis gun owners

A group of self-described “gun violence prevention advocates” has announced it will deliver a petition this afternoon to the Washington, D.C. television station where investigative reporter and author Emily Miller works, demanding that she be dismissed because of her pro-Second Amendment views.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...dis-gun-owners

"Liberals want conservatives to shut up. Conservatives want liberals to keep talking."

I wish I could remember where I first heard that so I could give proper attribution, perhaps this is a saying old enough where its origin was lost in time.

I'm thinking that these "liberals" have gone beyond liberalism. They've co-opted the term "liberal" and have twisted its meaning, even after doing that it's real hard, even for them, to live under that label. So some of them now call themselves "progressives". Well, where are they proposing we "progress"? Making "progress" implies one is working towards a destination. I've seen this road before, the one paved with good intentions.

I was listening to the radio recently and I heard the voice point out that these "progressive" types will claim we must enact gun control because too many people in America are getting shot. At the same time they make these claims they ignore the results of their "progress" where they've been successful in passing gun control. These people will claim that America has the highest "gun crime" rate of any developed nation. Did they ever consider the possibility that the reason these other undeveloped nations are such impoverished hellholes is because the populace has been deprived basic human rights such as the right of self defense?

These progressives will claim to have the best intentions for us. Either they just don't realize the harms that gun control will bring, or they do know and that's what they want. These progressives seem to believe that us knuckle dragging troglodytes must be forced into their progressive world, even if that means lying to us and depriving us of the right to correct the record.

I saw something over the weekend on how Al Gore believes that global warming deniers should be punished. I'm not sure what kind of punishment he proposed but I'm sure it involves being deprived of the right to speak and be deprived of property. Can't allow these people to keep their fast cars and big guns ya' know. That's because the science is settled, the debate is over, and therefore anyone with evidence to add must be silent.

That's enough of a rant for now.

Keep up the good work, Mr. Workman, I enjoy every word of yours I read.
    You can have free speech or you can have income taxes but you cannot have both.

IA_farmboy - it is not a "rant" if it is the truth.
    And I agree with you about Dave's articles.
    Life Member of both NRA and North American Hunting Club
    “Crime is to be expected since humans are never perfect. But the failure of Justice may be more damaging to Society than the crime itself.” - - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Gun prohibitionists target Miller; NW officials dis gun owners

A group of self-described “gun violence prevention advocates” has announced it will deliver a petition this afternoon to the Washington, D.C. television station where investigative reporter and author Emily Miller works, demanding that she be dismissed because of her pro-Second Amendment views.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...dis-gun-owners
    No petition from them to NBC in DC to sack David Gregory for violating District law after being warned not to wave a 30-round AR magazine around on his show, and doing it anyways?

So, it's more important to them to get a woman fired for OBEYING the law than it is to get a man fired to VIOLATING the law. Got it.
    "It's time we quit solving the wrong problem
    The problem is the bad guy, not his tools.
    Solve that."
    - ArfinGreebly, mod at THR.us

If she gets her permit after all the hoops she had to jump through, I wonder if all 50 States will recognize it.

After all, it would be from the Nation's Capitol, the center and core of Western Freedom. Right?

Terry,
    "Gun control is not about public safety, crime reduction, or 'the children.' Gun control is about power. The people have it, and the government would rather they didn't." (An internet poster, not myself.)