Thread: Western Field 12 gauge

Western Field 12 gauge

Hi there, its been a while.

I have recently acquired an old pump shotgun. I know it is not very valuable, but I would like to see what I can learn about it.
    It is a western field 12 gauge pump. When I first saw it posted I immediately thought it was a Browning sold by wards. But I looked it up and it may be a Stevens 520.
    All of the markings are as follows.
    Western Field Montgomery Ward & Co
    Browning Patent 12 ga Proof Tested
    66001 B
    There is a 7 in a circle in 2 or 3 places,
    The barrel says FULL in front of the left side of the receiver.
    And the adjustable choke says patented The Poly Choke Co. Hartford, Conn. And the choke sizes are labelled. And there is a bird dog etched into the left side of the receiver.

I would like to know anything about it, especially date of manufacture, and if I am right about the model. Also are there parts still around?
    It holds 3 shells, 2 3/4 length, and shoots great. The choke still seems to affect the pattern.

Thanks guys.
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson

Can you post a picture or have the Western Field model number?

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Iraq: 91,03-06,08, 09,15 & 16'
    Afghanistan: 09,10',11',14',17' & 18'

I will see about posting a pic later. Google said western field model 30 but there's nothing marked on the gun. I disassembled it and ran into some trouble, now the action bar comes loose from the bolt it I dont hold it just right when racking the slide.
    "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
    -Adlai Stevenson